• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HUGE Simon And Schuster Marvel Comics Fireside Books Hulk Display Poster!

9 posts in this topic

This warehouse find is something several comic book industry experts (and several major collectors) haven't seen. It was created by Simon And Schuster to advertise their Marvel Comics Fireside Books (1974-1978). This is approximately 40 x 50 inches and definitely would have been seen at trade shows and literary venues, back in the late-1970's. The only problem for a collector would be the framing cost and the space to hang it at.

1978SimonShusterPoster.thumb.jpg.afde793b8556eab8a1b81f7419166e5f.jpg

Anyone else seen this before or any other Simon And Shuster posters?

On 8/28/2021 at 7:30 PM, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

This warehouse find is something several comic book industry experts (and several major collectors) haven't seen. It was created by Simon And Schuster to advertise their Marvel Comics Fireside Books (1974-1978). This is approximately 40 x 50 inches and definitely would have been seen at trade shows and literary venues, back in the late-1970's. The only problem for a collector would be the framing cost and the space to hang it at.

1978SimonShusterPoster.thumb.jpg.afde793b8556eab8a1b81f7419166e5f.jpg

Anyone else seen this before or any other Simon And Shuster posters?

That's a problem I wouldn't mind having. 

On 8/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, wormboy said:

Very cool! I’ve never seen a Fireside poster before, and I’ve been searching and collecting Fireside for over 25 years. Killer find!

I have an old 1978 Simon and Schuster catalog for all the Marvel books, from 1974-1978. If you want a PDF of it let me know and I will e-mail it to you.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, HighVoltage said:

That is awesome!

You find the coolest stuff! :headbang:

Thanks. 2020 and 2021 have been my best years for finding cool stuff. I guess many people cleaned out their attics, basements and garages during covid lockdown and sold them online: A positive thing about the pandemic.