• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman destroys another comic book grail!
3 3

266 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Terry JSA said:

Torpedo’s estimate of $300k was somewhat close. But I will say that’s a good amount of money for this book considering it’s signed and sketched. 

Ehhhh, I'd call $120k less than they wanted (after the CLink vig) and $50k less than recent blue label sales a lot further off than somewhat close. No offense to the winner, but that book is as fugly as it gets. :sick:

Edited by october

On 12/10/2021 at 12:44 AM, Flanders82 said:

The high sale of a TMNT #1 9.8 1st Print is $245,000.  I think the comicconnect sale will meet or exceed this and I'm not surprised the hideous Eastman sketch devalued the book. 

It exceeded that and sold for $250k in the Comic Connect auction today. 

Edited by Terry JSA

On 12/13/2021 at 8:06 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

CC one has 21 hours left and is at 230K

I hope it wasn't another TMNT 1 owner deciding to throw in a thrill bid to up the value of his copy on the assumption that the auction would surely have some activity once the finall bell rang for the 3-minute extended bidding sessions. :devil: 

If so, they must really still be peeing their pants right now.  :roflmao:

Edited by lou_fine