• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman destroys another comic book grail!
3 3

266 posts in this topic

I might have got a sig, I might have even got a sketch, but doubtful and doubtful I would want it to come out so over the top idk :eek:

All it takes is one, maybe 2, but if it ends up being the only of it's kind, I'm sure someone out there will want it.

Although the buyers may be few, that might not matter at the time the opportunity is available

FOMO I guess :( 

On 8/28/2021 at 5:21 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Of course. I own a bunch of pages from TMNT #1 Archie. Each page is signed by several prominent tmnt artists. That was my choice. I could not care less what people think. It’s mine and it makes me happy. If it diminishes the resale value, that’s my problem not yours. 

my ex’s friend were ridiculously wealthy (billionaire wealthy) and I remember one time walking into their house and there were several Picasso’s leaning up against the wall. I was shocked. His response?  “O they’re heavy and we haven’t had a chance to have someone come and rehang them.”  One mans treasure is another mans door stopper. 

Very true.  Future collectors tho might shake their head sadly at stuff like this TMNT book tho.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:37 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am not a TMNT fan, but to each their own.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I mean what if someone bought and demolished the great pyramid because it was more beautiful to them that way?

On 8/29/2021 at 12:32 AM, kav said:

Or maybe a better analogy-someone buys OA ASM 1 cover and has McFarlane draw all over it and sign it.

Doesn’t work. At least Eastman drew TMNT 1.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:43 AM, littledoom said:

I actually like it as an art piece

Better if the original cover art and sketch were separate.  Together it’s all a bit muddled, obscuring detail both ways.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Doesn’t work. At least Eastman drew TMNT 1.

Ok imagine if ditko scribbled all over it then and he was prolific at signing and scribbling.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:55 AM, kav said:

Ok imagine if ditko scribbled all over it then and he was prolific at signing and scribbling.

Now you’re talking!

On 8/28/2021 at 7:39 PM, kav said:
On 8/28/2021 at 7:37 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am not a TMNT fan, but to each their own.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I mean what if someone bought and demolished the great pyramid because it was more beautiful to them that way?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I love it how other people 

On 8/28/2021 at 6:43 PM, Flanders82 said:

I saw this on a facebook post. At what point should an artist/creator/writer refuse the request of customer? I feel Kevin Eastman should be ashamed of himself for doing this to this TMNT #1 1st Print. I knew he was a sellout and signs far too much stuff, but this really grinds my gears.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTH5M_tFMcj/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

tmnt 1st print.JPG

Out of curiosity were you in the market for one that was unsigned ?  I don't have one to sell nor do I even own a copy of it but I am curious. 
As Jay said this was on Instagram for the past few days from Torpedo comics because Dolmayan wanted it.

It's Dolmayan's book to do with as he pleases.   He wants a signed copy.  More power to him. 

On 8/28/2021 at 7:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

Out of curiosity were you in the market for one that was unsigned ?

Not at all.  Today hasn't been my day to be honest, minor things are irritating me and for some reason I've decided to be more vocal about them.  Over the top sketches and poorly placed signatures have always bothered me, but when it's on a more iconic book, it agitates me even more.  I'm not an artist, even though I do sketch an occasional subpar piece of art from time to time, but I question if at some point an artist should be concerned if these things will harm a book aesthetically and consider refusing an owner's request.  If anyone knows of a comic artist that would refuse these types of requests please let me know because I'd probably become a big fan of theirs.  

Edited by Flanders82