• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RARE!!! TMNT poster from 1986 still rolled!

8 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, Timely said:

RARE!!!  TMNT poster from 1986 still rolled!  I am the original owner of this poster, bought it new.  It is still sealed & unrolled or hung.  I believe it is the first TMNT poster ever made.

The first image is a photo I found on line so you can see what it looks like. The next two pics are the actual poster still rolled with the original TMNT sticker. This may be the only one still in existence that is still rolled in it's original shrink wrapping!

$149 +$15 shipping to ConUS.  I will send it in a tube!

7 day return.

paypal or check payment.

tmntPoster1986.jpg

tmntPoster1986a.jpg

tmntPoster1986b.jpg

Hey Timely, hope you don't mind me chiming in to tell you a little about what you have here.  So in 1986 Mirage licensed First Comics to do a collected TPB, coloring the first three issues of TMNT (which had been published in B&W)  This poster is the cover art to that TPB.  No question it is early.  But the TPB didn't hit the market until November 1986.  Kevin and Pete did this poster in 1986 to promote TMNT #8 (the cerabus crossover)  That issue was released in July 1986, and the poster would have been prior.  However, as far as I know, it was never sold publicly.  It was used to promote the book at comic shops.  So it's entirely possible this was the first commercially sold TMNT poster.  

3988406854_0d120a08be_b.jpg

On 8/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, Timely said:

Thanks! Good info! 

Whether it's the first poster made or the first commercially available poster you could buy, either way its darn cool in my book! :)

It's the first First poster for sure! (:

I had this up in my room as a young collector! Still have it!  :headbang:

On 8/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, Timely said:

SOLD via PM!

Not surprised at all.  Such a cool piece of history and the fact it's still in its original bag, EVEN COOLER.  Congrats to buyer and seller!