• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Quality Control status for 3 weeks?

8 posts in this topic

Submitted a batch of books back in April, all fast track modern, with a couple that need pressing. Got all the books back, with exception of the ones requiring pressing. Which is great.

The remaining books have now been pressed, and the the status has been changed to ; Encapsulation, then Grading / Quality control.. That change in status was 3 weeks ago? Normally when this happens it’s done in a few days / week max, and dispatched… but it’s been like this now for 3 weeks??

I know CGC are busy, but that can’t be right? 

On 9/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, Fireheart said:

Submitted a batch of books back in April, all fast track modern, with a couple that need pressing. Got all the books back, with exception of the ones requiring pressing. Which is great.

The remaining books have now been pressed, and the the status has been changed to ; Encapsulation, then Grading / Quality control.. That change in status was 3 weeks ago? Normally when this happens it’s done in a few days / week max, and dispatched… but it’s been like this now for 3 weeks??

All I can say is hang in there.  I just had a submission shipped that had been in the final stage for 3 weeks.  When the fourth week started, it got shipped.  It's now been sitting in the Sarasota, FL post office for over a week.  Grr.  

On 9/2/2021 at 1:57 AM, Fireheart said:

I have close to 200 comics at CGC for grading still and face a similar situation. From what I have seen in the past few months, it can be anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks (in my experience) until shipped. 

On 11/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, Fireheart said:

Nearly 8 weeks since posting this, and I’m still waiting for them.. the status of grading / quality control hasn’t changed.. 

Consider yourself lucky you got part of your submission back already. I submitted 25 comics in March, another 25 in the first week of April, and 25 more at the end of April. To date, they are all still at CGC. They have all been listed as "received by CCS" for at least a month.

On 11/5/2021 at 1:46 PM, KrabbyDaddy said:

Isn't pressing at like 9 months now?

Do you mean to say that, starting when it is marked "received at CCS", I have to wait an additional 9 months? Or do you mean 9 months total?

Edited by paqart

On 11/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, KrabbyDaddy said:

Isn't pressing at like 9 months now?

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/

I currently use Economy Tier for pressing my books AFTER the restoration removal.  Turnaround time is 199 business days so my 2 books were received on October 20th (12 business days ago).  That will leave 186 business days (all weekends and 2021 and 2020 legal holiday days are excluded). I think my books will be shipped between last week of July and first week of August 2022.

I can't tell you when your book will be shipped. If your books are Fast Track Modern, some books are top priority like Standard or Express and will leapfrog your books. Nothing else will pass by then your books will be shipped. It's unpredictable.

Edited by JollyComics