• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's RED NOTICE starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot, Ryan Reynolds (2021)
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Red Notice is the new action/comedy from director Rawson Marshall Thurber that hit Netflix last week. The movie stars Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, and Gal Gadot in a worldwide adventure about art thieves. Despite the movie's poor critics score on Rotten Tomatoes, audiences seem to be loving the new flick. Not only does Red Notice currently have a 92% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, but it also had Netflix's biggest opening day for any film. According to a new Instagram post from Johnson, the movie is also on its way to becoming the most-watched movie on Netflix. In a new video, Johnson and Thurber celebrated the fact that Red Notice has been watched by 150 million people.

"Wow 🙏🏾 me and @rawsonthurber (writer, director, creator of RED NOTICE💎) were TRULY SURPRISED, coming home to this tonight from our beautiful families!!! 🎈🎈CONGRATULATIONS 🎈🎈 Our RED NOTICE movie is on its way to becoming the MOST WATCHED MOVIE IN THE HISTORY OF NETFLIX!!! 🔥🔥 In our opening weekend alone, OVER 150 MILLION PEOPLE WATCHED RED NOTICE.🔥🔥 And ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT with a MASSIVE 92% AUDIENCE SCORE 🌍 We're blessed and grateful boys ~ @laurenhashianofficial @sarahkthurber you're our f'n ROCKSTARS and Jazzy, Kensie, Tia, Sutton we love you with all we got!! ❤️THANK YOU EVERYONE WORLDWIDE for loving RED NOTICE💎🙏🏾 And SCROLL LEFT and this is what happens to the innocent balloons when Rawson drinks too much @teremana....... #anus," Johnson wrote. 

:whatthe:

Saw it, liked it.

Exactly what you’d expect from the trailers and the personalities involved.

Better than Bright, probably not as good as The Old Guard.

I was impressed to see the writer/director was the same as Easy A.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe:

Ok, so how does that turn into dollars for Netflix?  Obviously 150 million new people didn't sign up for Netflix to watch this.  I'd imagine the vast majority of people who have watched this are already Netflix subscribers, so is this more about customer retention?

On 11/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, so how does that turn into dollars for Netflix?  Obviously 150 million new people didn't sign up for Netflix to watch this.  I'd imagine the vast majority of people who have watched this are already Netflix subscribers, so is this more about customer retention?

they've won the subs game, now they have to a make sure they win the churn game

OK, so just finished this. Can see what the budget was and how it was spent but had too much suspension of belief (this is total BS) for my taste. Reynolds was channeling his inner Deadpool. Rock and Gal are nice to look at but didn't add anything to the story. Lots of shooting and not one hit. And the long con ending. Yep, not a surprise. Don't think this one would have done too well at the box office but suited for Netflix or streaming.

This was entertaining, and I generally enjoyed it as breezy fun.  The big problem, though, was that, for a movie that wants to be all about the twists, literally every "twist" in this film could be seen coming from about a mile away, and there were exactly zero actual surprises. 

Which is sort of a problem. This movie is nowhere near as clever as it aspires to be, but, as I said, I still did enjoy it.  

Edited by Axelrod