• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robert Jordan's THE WHEEL OF TIME on Amazon Prime (2021)
3 3

52 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, piper said:

I loved the series even when Sanderson took over writing duties.

I think this TV show will be an absolute train wreck.

I'll give it a chance.

I loved the first 3 books (was disappointed when it wasn't a trilogy like originally billed).  Stuck around for the next three books, but gave up and never revisited the remainder of the series.  For all I know Rand is still being frowned at while women pull their hair and worry about who is wearing what for 50 pages at a time.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:46 AM, musicmeta said:

I guess we will find out.  Loved the trailer.  I have good vibes about it.  

Never read the series but know people who have. I trust Amazon and more importantly Bezos said personally he wants this to blow GOT away. He wants this to succeed and I believe no expense will be spared

lot of options to watch last night but went with this

i was worried because some of the reviews were not positive but i actually really enjoyed it. i think the mistake is comparing it to games of thrones. i thought it was more lord of the rings type of fantasy. i thought the production value was excellent. looking forward to next Fridays episode

Well after watching the first two episodes I'll give this a 2.5 out of 5.  So far none of the characters are likable, so I am having a hard time getting "attached" to the show.  I'll watch a couple more episodes before I decide if I want to invest a full seasons worth of time into it or not.

And after watching the third episode I'd like to change my rating from a 2.5 down to a 1.5 out of 5.  The production value seems worse than the TV show "Legend of the Seeker" which aired on TNT/TBS what, 10 years ago?  There is not one single character I'm cheering for, well unless you count the trollocs.  I'd love to see them just come in and kill the lot of them.  This is not a show I will be watching anymore episodes of.  

On 11/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, kimik said:

I am fine with it so far. GOT started out as meh for the first few episodes as well, and did not really pick up until Ned lost his head.........

Yea I wasn't in love with GoT for most of the first season either.  Kept my attention, but I teetered on bailing until towards the end of season 1.

Just learned of this show this week, so I'll give it a shot.  Not much chatter here so it doesn't sound like people are digging it yet.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:52 AM, fantastic_four said:

Yea I wasn't in love with GoT for most of the first season either.  Kept my attention, but I teetered on bailing until towards the end of season 1.

Just learned of this show this week, so I'll give it a shot.  Not much chatter here so it doesn't sound like people are digging it yet.

I've watched the first three episodes.  I'm having a problem separating the book series from the TV Show.  They've made a few changes in an attempt to modernize to today's sentiments.  In my opinion, some work and others do not.

I will say that the first book is WOT is actually (IMO) the worst in the overall book series. 

I give it 3/5 so far. 

On 12/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, piper said:

I've watched the first three episodes.  I'm having a problem separating the book series from the TV Show.  They've made a few changes in an attempt to modernize to today's sentiments.  In my opinion, some work and others do not.

I will say that the first book is WOT is actually (IMO) the worst in the overall book series. 

I give it 3/5 so far. 

have not read the series, but i've really enjoyed it so far. I look forward to fridays. If this was all available at once, I would have watched it all.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, piper said:

I give it 3/5 so far. 

That's because reading the books are as waste of time as they are never as good as the movies/TV shows........:devil:

Edited by kimik