• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ACCOUNTANT 2 starring Ben Affleck, Jon Bernthal (TBD)
1 1

21 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2021 at 6:42 AM, media_junkie said:

Yeah, I didn't catch it when it first came out.  I later stumbled across it and was like, "Whoa, how did I not see this one yet."

The idea just didn't strike me as one that would turn out to be interesting. An accountant assassin?

The Accountant 2 - What We Know So Far

"The Accountant" director Gavin O'Connor spoke to the folks at CinemaBlend's "ReelBlend" podcast and confirmed the sequel. When discussing that he would not be doing a sequel to "The Way Back," he noted, "we are doing an 'Accountant' sequel. We literally just closed that deal. We're doing 'The Accountant' again."

One thing we know for sure about "The Accountant 2" is some of its cast members. O'Connor confirmed to ReelBlend that Affleck and Bernthal would be back to reprise their roles as the Wolff brothers. As far as other stars from the original film, including Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, and Cynthia Addai-Robinson, we don't currently know if they're expected to return. 

i realize the accountant is not a great film, but it has become one of those "can't change the channel if it's on while i'm surfing for something to watch" flicks.  i do like it more every time i see it/part of it.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:20 PM, Illustrious said:

I loved the first movie, so I'm very happy the sequel is finally moving forward. I became aware of this comic a few years back, and it took at least a year of looking/watching before one finally popped up on eBay. I'm not sure why it's so seemingly rare:

51998881839_aabd33323b_c.jpg

I never realized this. Thanks for posting it.

Ben Affleck’s ‘The Accountant’ Is Getting Its Own Comic Book

Before he’s seen as Bruce Wayne though, Affleck will first appear in the Warner Bros. thriller The Accountant, as “a mild-mannered accountant who moonlights as a lethal assassin.” It’s not based on a comic book (the film’s from an original -script by Bill Dubuque) but it sort of sounds like one, right? Apparently the folks at Warners agreed, and as revealed at a panel this morning at Comic-Con, it’s going to become one before it heads to the big screen.

At today’s “Studio Production Chiefs Speak” panel, Warner senior vice president Drew Crevello responded to an audience question about the interplay between movies and comics, and the growing practice of studios turning original ideas into comics before they become movies, by revealing the plans to make The Accountant (which is directed by Warrior filmmaker Gavin O’Connor) into its own mini-series from Warner-owned Vertigo Comics:

“As a lifelong comic book fan, I just thought it would be a cool idea for a comic book. So DC, through their Vertigo label, is going to put it out as a limited-run comic book ... It just felt like [The Accountant] really lent itself to that treatment, and wanting it to have even some small life as a comic book was just exciting to us. We were trying to actually get it ready in time for Comic-Con, but I think we’ll actually probably have it ready in a few months.”

Industry insider Daniel Richtman has confirmed that The Accountant 2 is now a go with Amazon producing the film. Gavin O’Connor will return to direct with Ben Affleck reprising his role.

Back in 2021, O’Connor appeared on the CinemaBlend podcast where he revealed that he had just closed the deal for the sequel. He stated, “We literally just closed that deal. We’re doing The Accountant again…I’ve always wanted to do three because what, the second one’s going to be more with — we’re going to integrate his brother into the story. So there’ll be more screen time for [Jon] Bernthal in the second one. And then the third movie’s going to be, I call it, ‘Rain Man on steroids.’ The third movie is going to be the two brothers, this odd couple. The third one is going be a buddy picture.”

The Accountant 2 With Ben Affleck Will Shoot This Year

•  The long-awaited sequel to The Accountant is finally being filmed this year, with Ben Affleck returning as the accountant-slash-assassin Christian Wolff.
  •  Director Gavin O'Connor plans for Jon Bernthal to have a larger role in The Accountant 2, and has ideas for a potential third installment.
  •  The sequel will continue the story following the explosive events of the first film, which was released in 2016.

This major update comes following the recent listing on Productionlist.com, which shows that The Accountant 2 now has a “shoot date” of March 15, 2024. All of which strongly suggests that a sequel following Ben Affleck as Christian Wolff is finally on the cards.

The Accountant sequel is on its way with Amazon producing the film and Affleck set to reprise his role

Industry insider Daniel Richtman has confirmed that The Accountant 2 is now a go with Amazon producing the film. Gavin O’Connor will return to direct with Ben Affleck reprising his role. Back in 2021, O’Connor appeared on the CinemaBlend podcast where he revealed that he had just closed the deal for the sequel. He stated, “We literally just closed that deal. We’re doing The Accountant again…I’ve always wanted to do three because what, the second one’s going to be more with — we’re going to integrate his brother into the story. So there’ll be more screen time for [Jon] Bernthal in the second one. And then the third movie’s going to be, I call it, ‘Rain Man on steroids.’ The third movie is going to be the two brothers, this odd couple. The third one is going be a buddy picture.”

The Ben Affleck-led sequel to his 2016 crime film The Accountant has a new home as it gears up for a production start later this month.

The follow-up thriller has moved to Amazon MGM Studios after it was previously in development for many years at Warner Bros., The Hollywood Reporter has learned. THR initially reported back in 2017 that a sequel was in the works.

The action thriller is already deep into the casting process and has J.K. Simmons, Jon Bernthal and Cynthia Addai-Robinson back on the call sheet after they appeared in the original.