• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visit to Pulpfest in Cranberry, PA
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I haven't attended PulpFest since it moved to Pennsylvania, so it was fun to see such a detailed report.  Great job!

(On a side note -- the artist "Lawrence" you mentioned is actually Lawrence Sterne Stevens.  Though obviously not as publicly well-known as Frazetta, he is still be considered one of the major sf artists of the era, and decorated dozens of covers for Amazing Stories, Famous Fantastic Mysteries, Super Science Stories, etc.  He is also father of another pulp artist, Peter Stevens).

Thanks for the report. I love shows like this with a myriad of paper items. Up until covid spoiled everything, we used to have a small yearly show very similar to this.

One thing I noticed was an obvious absence of younger collectors in the photos. Was the attendance in general strong? 

On 9/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, Robot Man said:

Thanks for the report. I love shows like this with a myriad of paper items. Up until covid spoiled everything, we used to have a small yearly show very similar to this.

One thing I noticed was an obvious absence of younger collectors in the photos. Was the attendance in general strong? 

Attendance was strong on Thursday and Friday. Weak on Saturday and Sunday.

On 9/3/2021 at 12:48 PM, the_Leader_knows said:

Attendance was strong on Thursday and Friday. Weak on Saturday and Sunday.

Agreed, except for Sunday, which was pretty busy early on.  Several people commented they had never seen so many people there on Sunday.

On 9/3/2021 at 12:58 PM, RedFury said:

Very nice report!  I love the personal touches and how you identify everyone.  But you missed both me and John Gunnison, two of the biggest pulp walls there.  (shrug)

The Leader regrets he can't always cover everyone at the show but he does what he can in the time allowed.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Robot Man said:

Wasn’t boardie @catrick339 set up there?

Why yes. Yes I was.  I'll be at Windy City next weekend too.

If you're all kind to your mothers this week I *might* just post a buncha pictures in real time, or pretty close to it.

Edited by catrick339

On 9/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, the_Leader_knows said:

The Leader attended one of his favorite shows of the year, Pulpfest in Cranberry, PA 19 - 22 August 2021 and filed his Report for your enjoyment. As usual he awaits your comments.

http://ditkofan.com/Facebook/savannahmegacon2021/mainintropage.html

Thanks for this, Lewis... I really wanted to go, but with the Van dead in the water, a week long festival was just beyond the space-time continuum of my wallet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu