• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll to remove a forum member from the Hall of Shame list in future updates
4 4

Should TFL be removed from the Hall of Shame List in future updates?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Should TFL be removed from the Hall of Shame List in future updates?

• Yes, there is no need for him to remain active on the list after he has passed away.
    • No, once someone goes on the list, they should remain there in all future updates.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2022 at 09:10 AM

56 posts in this topic

I have zero problem if he is removed from the current list, however, there is no way to go back and scrub the posts that are older. I just went back and I can't do it under the mod ID. 

I highly doubt you are going to get an admin to go back and manually scrub that list for all the years that he's been on it.

I thought that Porcupine wanted his name scrubbed from the entire list, and that does not appear to be possible.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:41 AM, skypinkblu said:

I have zero problem if he is removed from the current list, however, there is no way to go back and scrub the posts that are older. I just went back and I can't do it under the mod ID. 

I highly doubt you are going to get an admin to go back and manually scrub that list for all the years that he's been on it.

I thought that Porcupine wanted his name scrubbed from the entire list, and that does not appear to be possible.

We are just talking about removing his name from future updates to the list. 

I tried to clarify that in the initial post, but knew it would probably just come out as a bit confusing instead.

Nothing needs to be scrubbed.  As Jimmers mentioned back in March in this post, "I don't want the posts removed or anything, it's board history and is quite the entertaining mess to some I'm sure".

We understand that the initial nomination post.....all of the subsequent discussion.....and all the previous mentions of his name on the list will remain.  This is only to remove his name from list updates going forward.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:40 PM, Domo Arigato said:

This is a poll to remove forum member TFL from the Hall of Shame list going forward.

As some of you may know, TFL was the Uncle of porcupine48........and unfortunately, TFL has passed away.

A while back, Jimmers made a personal request to see about getting TFL removed from the Hall of Shame list out of respect for his Uncle's memory.  I have talked with Jimmers about this pretty extensively, and I agree with him that there really is no reason for TFL to actively remain on the list in future updates to it.

I'm sure some will want to discuss it in this thread, but just to be very clear here, nobody is saying that he should not have been on the list.  None of that is being disputed, and the previous posts about it will remain on the boards.  The list is located here, where you will find a link to the post from 2009 for why @Filter81 nominated him.

I initially thought about a poll to possibly add a new rule to deal with similar situations.....but thought that it happens infrequently enough, and should probably be discussed and decided on a case by case basis.  I will set the poll to be anonymous, and for it to run for one week from today.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/7/2021 at 7:26 AM, Jerkfro said:

I voted yes. Remove his name the next time the list is updated.

Actually, why not just update the list now and remove his name? (shrug)

Current board rules state that a name may only be removed from the Hall of Shame list by a forum vote.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:47 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Current board rules state that a name may only be removed from the Hall of Shame list by a forum vote.

I would suggest that a hard deadline date be put in place to close this vote per board rules. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, Funnybooks said:

I would suggest that a hard deadline date be put in place to close this vote per board rules. 

This isn't my first rodeo.

Date.jpg.36e76dc6d1eeb89f4437fd4dbc8c92dc.jpg

On 9/4/2021 at 4:40 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm sure some will want to discuss it in this thread, but just to be very clear here, nobody is saying that he should not have been on the list.  None of that is being disputed, and the previous posts about it will remain on the boards.  The list is located here, where you will find a link to the post from 2009 for why @Filter81 nominated him.

I initially thought about a poll to possibly add a new rule to deal with similar situations.....but thought that it happens infrequently enough, and should probably be discussed and decided on a case by case basis.  I will set the poll to be anonymous, and for it to run for one week from today.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/7/2021 at 8:46 AM, Domo Arigato said:

We are just talking about removing his name from future updates to the list. 

I tried to clarify that in the initial post, but knew it would probably just come out as a bit confusing instead.

Nothing needs to be scrubbed.  As Jimmers mentioned back in March in this post, "I don't want the posts removed or anything, it's board history and is quite the entertaining mess to some I'm sure".

We understand that the initial nomination post.....all of the subsequent discussion.....and all the previous mentions of his name on the list will remain.  This is only to remove his name from list updates going forward.

Thanks for the link. 

That helped refresh my memory. Jimmers didn't want a poll.  He just wanted the change without a poll, that was the issue. 

Where is he? 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, skypinkblu said:

Thanks for the link. 

That helped refresh my memory. Jimmers didn't want a poll.  He just wanted the change without a poll, that was the issue. 

Where is he? 

Jimmers didn’t have a preference to how it was done.  He would just like to see it done.  He does not log on every day.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

Does Jimmers know you are doing a poll?

Yes…. as mentioned in my first post, I have discussed this with him extensively and I volunteered to take care of the poll for him.  

On 9/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 9/7/2021 at 3:26 PM, skypinkblu said:

Does Jimmers know you are doing a poll?

Yes…. as mentioned in my first post, I have discussed this with him extensively and I volunteered to take care of the poll for him.  

If it helps, Jim told me in a PM a while ago that he was really pleased that you were going to do the poll for him. I'm confident that he wouldn't mind me sharing that.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:20 PM, Randall Ries said:

Duh. He died. It has been said that all of our sins are erased at the time of death. TFL no longer exists. So, what would be the point of keeping him on a probation list? Just for a good ol' salt rub? No brainer. Let it go. In fact, the whole thread about his infractions should be deleted. Let him RIP. It's over and he's been forgiven.

SALT RUB!

warriors-curry.gif

Obviously anyone who passes is no longer an entity that can be a party to trade with so therefore a warning to others not too engage in transactions is moot.  With that said, the name should be eligible to be removed from the list so long as the board history is also not erased that led to the HOS nomination to begin with.  My reasoning is that we have looked at prior instances of board misconduct to serve as precedent in deciding whether or not a current or future incident is worthy of being put on the probation list or the HOS.

So, I vote to remove him from the HOS in this case with the understanding that posts will be not be erased.

Agree to removal from list.

Oppose the creation of a standing rule for this situation, for exactly the cautionary reasons stated by others. There are more than a few serial fraudsters on the HoS, and fraudsters gonna fraud. The community can address these sorts of uncommon events on a case by case basis.