• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the boards a hot mess of 500 Errors?
5 5

267 posts in this topic

Nice to see that my fellow boardies are still venting about the website shenanigans.  I just came back from being out of town for most of the holiday weekend and I didn’t miss the forums one bit because of these constant issues.  I miss hanging out with everyone, but even that has toned downed because I just don’t want to hassle with errors and downtimes.  I’d rather shave a dog’s butt then deal with the nonsense around here.

Those of you that don’t know, I’ve got a 100 plus page Modern sales thread that I’ve been adding to since last summer, and I haven’t added anything to it in weeks because I never know when the site will go to hell.  I was getting so frustrated that I’d get peeved.  Now, I just walk away…so to speak.  I can do other productive things and I end up either lurking or I don’t check in at all for days/weeks at a time.

On a side note, I’m still waiting for 20 Modern books to come back from CGC.  They went to my presser in early April…they still aren’t graded.  With the forums website, plus the grading issues, I’ve lost faith in CGC and the comic industry itself.  I have no desire to have more books graded (by a anyone) and I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to hang around here.  At my age, I’m pretty sure I can do something else.  I am retired after all, just not too old to get out and enjoy life.

Here endeth the rant…rantrant

EEB33B3D-966A-422D-8247-92FCB16C32F1.jpeg

BD6A13FB-E6EA-4A51-B533-CED2FD51661E.jpeg

Edited by Galen130

On 9/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Here we go, time to log out and go and watch some dry paint stay dry... (:

Capture.PNG.7ac2187bd03af60b0f88c7100cdb76fa.PNG

Captureb.PNG.92fe041ac6f390de7cfbd9754f7f972b.PNG

There is this option, a film which you might find stimulating while dealing with the choppy connection…

Paint Drying is a 2016 British feature film directed and produced by Charlie Lyne. The film is about paint on a wall drying, lasting for ten hours and seven minutes. The film was created by Charlie Lyne in order to force the British Board of Film Classification to watch all ten hours to give the film an age rating classification, as a protest against censorship and the prohibitive cost to independent film-makers which the B.B.F.C. classification requirement imposes.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/7/2021 at 8:47 PM, Ken Aldred said:

There is this option, a British film which you might find stimulating while dealing with the choppy connection…

Paint Drying is a 2016 British feature film directed and produced by Charlie Lyne. The film is about paint on a wall drying, lasting for ten hours and seven minutes. The film was created by Charlie Lyne in order to force the British Board of Film Classification to watch all ten hours to give the film an age rating classification, as a protest against censorship and the prohibitive cost to independent film-makers which the B.B.F.C. classification requirement imposes.

Oh Ken! I was two hours in and now I've lost the thread of it! It was just getting to a good bit too - the paint was really starting to dry.

I'll have to watch it again now. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Oh Ken! I was two hours in and now I've lost the thread of it! It was just getting to a good bit too - the paint was really starting to dry.

I'll have to watch it again now. 

I can believe it. I’m thinking of popping down to Asda to see if they’ve got the box set in.

Hopefully the 4K version.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/7/2021 at 8:52 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I can believe it. I’m thinking of popping down to Asda to see if they’ve got the box set in.

Hopefully the 4K version.

They didn't have it in Argos according to the sales clerk, Matt. It took the gloss off the whole thing for me. 

959620088_policesquad.gif.b691ad0ae52f0bcce9b999c1305e905e.gif

On 9/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, Galen130 said:

Nice to see that my fellow boardies are still venting about the website shenanigans.  I just came back from being out of town for most of the holiday weekend and I didn’t miss the forums one bit because of these constant issues.  I miss hanging out with everyone, but even that has toned downed because I just don’t want to hassle with errors and downtimes.  I’d rather shave a dog’s butt then deal with the nonsense around here.

Those of you that don’t know, I’ve got a 100 plus page Modern sales thread that I’ve been adding to since last summer, and I haven’t added anything to it in weeks because I never know when the site will go to hell.  I was getting so frustrated that I’d get peeved.  Now, I just walk away…so to speak.  I can do other productive things and I end up either lurking or I don’t check in at all for days/weeks at a time.

On a side note, I’m still waiting for 20 Modern books to come back from CGC.  They went to my presser in early April…they still aren’t graded.  With the forums website, plus the grading issues, I’ve lost faith in CGC and the comic industry itself.  I have no desire to have more books graded (by a anyone) and I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to hang around here.  At my age, I’m pretty sure I can do something else.  I am retired after all, just not too old to get out and enjoy life.

Here endeth the rant…rantrant

EEB33B3D-966A-422D-8247-92FCB16C32F1.jpeg

BD6A13FB-E6EA-4A51-B533-CED2FD51661E.jpeg

Where are you going?