• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is my book trimmed?

8 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, Raze said:

Hi

Im horrible when it comes to books being trimmed. Could I please get a few opinions before I make my mind up and send it back to the seller?

I also have it posted here

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/496415-please-help-me-decide-which-hof-4-to-keep/

Scan 2021-9-4 18.09.43.jpg

Scan 2021-9-4 18.13.31.jpg

I'd make sure the cover is original to the book or determine if the cover was removed at some point...the centerfold should be carefully examined...

On 9/5/2021 at 1:24 PM, The Lions Den said:

I'd make sure the cover is original to the book or determine if the cover was removed at some point...the centerfold should be carefully examined...

Very good point. The edge symmetry gives the impression that the cover was too small for the pages and at some point, the pages were cut down, primarily at the top, to try and restore the proper sense of proportion between the symmetry of the cover vs. the pages. If that's the case, and if I were a betting man I'd wager on it,. they failed horribly. The interior top edge looks to be cut twice. Once, the entire interior all at once while the cover was off, and then again, whittling away at it where needed (good Lord, what a way to trim an edge!) once Frankenstein's monster was reassembled. :eek:

@The Lions Den 

@James J Johnson

here are afew extra pics compared with my other copy. Does this help?

The bottom copy has spine roll but I matched up the black line thats on the spine, and the cover is the same size.

I’m debating on sending the book back to the seller I want to be 100% sure before I do.

629C1030-A09A-48C1-AB91-913F0B4E3B3E.jpeg

8C2C92D4-D990-4400-8F49-524148B97F93.jpeg

3F43BB7C-9CA1-4626-98DB-01D4F4420499.jpeg

C23300E0-CAB2-4D03-8D5D-502F67624DB6.jpeg

On 9/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, KCOComics said:

From what I can see, I don't believe it's trimmed. The edges don't look unnaturally sharp in relation to the rest of the book, but without having the book in hand it's really hard. 

Yes. Need it in hand. Visual cues are only indicators of possible/probable trim. In hand page end inspection is the only way to really be sure.