• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC has my book in-hand for grading. Too late to get in for a signing?

7 posts in this topic

Pretty excited to just get the announcement of CGC's Shang-Chi-star Simu Liu signing. Thing is, CGC has had my copy of Shang Chi's first appearance scheduled for grading since mid-July. It's September 5th now. I'm aware of the turnaround times and I'm not too confident that I'll be able to get the comic back from CGC in time to get it in on the signing. Since the book is in CGC's possession now, I was wondering if there's any way to have it added to the signing list?

Sorry in advance if this issue has been covered elsewhere. If it were a common comic I'd just go pick up another copy and send it in, but it's a Bronze Age key.. not so easy to just grab another one.

I’d contact Cgc ASAP and hope for the best

On 9/5/2021 at 2:38 PM, 1031Books said:

Pretty excited to just get the announcement of CGC's Shang-Chi-star Simu Liu signing. Thing is, CGC has had my copy of Shang Chi's first appearance scheduled for grading since mid-July. It's September 5th now. I'm aware of the turnaround times and I'm not too confident that I'll be able to get the comic back from CGC in time to get it in on the signing. Since the book is in CGC's possession now, I was wondering if there's any way to have it added to the signing list?

Sorry in advance if this issue has been covered elsewhere. If it were a common comic I'd just go pick up another copy and send it in, but it's a Bronze Age key.. not so easy to just grab another one.

They wont unfortunately. I wanted to to have a J. Scott Campbell book I have in for signing moved over for his signing and they said they couldnt do it.

This was the response they gave me:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, changes are not allowed on orders already submitted.  I am sorry that we cannot accommodate your request.  Due to the extremely high volume of submissions, it is no longer possible for us to divert valuable resources into locating and pulling orders already in house to make changes.  

Kind of BS, but what can you do.

DWill's post above is correct, they will not alter your submission for the signing

now, I will preface my next statement with a phrase that you should always collect what you want and what makes you happy but I would definitely reconsider having an actor sign a key book such as SME #15

have you considered other options?

On 9/6/2021 at 4:04 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

DWill's post above is correct, they will not alter your submission for the signing

now, I will preface my next statement with a phrase that you should always collect what you want and what makes you happy but I would definitely reconsider having an actor sign a key book such as SME #15

have you considered other options?

Sure, to your latter point, the film seems like a big hit and this would be my first CGC sig from a lead Marvel film star. I have gotten a few DC leads over the years and some Marvel second bananas, though no key firsts. Seems like the stars were lining up for this one. My personal favorite Shang Chi issues aren't keys, so having them slabbed and signed would be less of a trophy on the wall.