• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It appears that WATA and Heritage are colluding to pump up the graded videogame market. What are the implications for OA?
3 3

153 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 8:36 AM, Timely said:

I don’t think there’s much of a relation between the two. Sure, you can pump up that one if a kind piece, but it’s not widespread. It only really affects the one piece and may slightly affect similar pieces. There is no grading company to manipulate and you can’t keep pumping out the same piece 50 times a year like you can a mass market item like games and comics. I’m not worried.

I thinK the smart money already got out of graded comics and games. A lot of them coming to OA so might actually help prices.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, Taylor G said:

Interesting that my response to this post, that recounted the documented case of widespread OA shilling revealed on this board five years ago, has been quietly deleted.

A lot of posts and even entire threads have been "quietly deleted" relating to The Documented Case.

I'm pretty sure this guy is on retainer by our own unforced error-meister and self-confessed Friendly Neighborhood Shillah...

Image tagged in 777 - Imgflip

On 10/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, 35CentEra said:

DC gets no love.  Given bulk of their 70 and early 80's output it's not a surprise, what is a surprise to me are are mid 80's -1990 stuff too gets little love.  If Sandman 1 and Sandman 8 had been Marvel Books they would be over $3k each now. They barely touch half that currently. Savage She-Hulk 1 goes for about the same money and it's one of the highest population CGC census books in existence - top 6 in 9.8 population IIRC. While Sandman 8 has only about 3-4% of the She-Hulk CGC census pop.

Bottom line as mentioned by others, DC is not anywhere near being in Marvel's League.

Honestly,  I like that.   Hopefully,  it stays that way.  

On 10/12/2021 at 11:10 PM, Matches_Malone said:

What about OA?  Are the  interior pages of SSH1 more desirable and/or higher in price than Sandman 8?

A very good question. Might come down to the page by page basis but my GUESS is pages with She-Hulk will go for more than pages with Sandman. But there could be exceptions. 

I do know this all things being equal artist-wise, 70's Marvel Covers of "B" or "C" string titles sell for DC "A" title money sometimes a lot more.  Main exception being Batman

On 10/18/2021 at 5:30 PM, 35CentEra said:

A very good question. Might come down to the page by page basis but my GUESS is pages with She-Hulk will go for more than pages with Sandman. But there could be exceptions. 

I do know this all things being equal artist-wise, 70's Marvel Covers of "B" or "C" string titles sell for DC "A" title money sometimes a lot more.  Main exception being Batman

I would have guessed the opposite in this case, but I really have no idea whatsoever.   Would be fun to see them listed side by side.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:30 PM, 35CentEra said:

A very good question. Might come down to the page by page basis but my GUESS is pages with She-Hulk will go for more than pages with Sandman.

I’m inclined to believe the contrary.  Dringenberg Sandman 8 pages are quite rare.  But also SSH1 1 pages I suppose.  The “Not so great” pages with no Morpheus from Kieth’s  Sandman 1  sell for around $15K.  I think Sandman 8 gets a bump.  How much is a SSH1 pages with no She-Hulk, or no  Jennifer Walters for that matter?   Are they really over $15K? (shrug)

On 10/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, Matches_Malone said:

I’m inclined to believe the contrary.  Dringenberg Sandman 8 pages are quite rare.  But also SSH1 1 pages I suppose.  The “Not so great” pages with no Morpheus from Kieth’s  Sandman 1  sell for around $15K 25K.  I think Sandman 8 gets a bump.  How much is a SSH1 pages with no She-Hulk, or no  Jennifer Walters for that matter?   Are they really over $15K 25K? (shrug)

Price Update After talking to Albert in Baltimore. He is now asking $25K for his last Sandman # 1 page (No Morpheus). 

On 10/24/2021 at 2:05 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Price Update After talking to Albert in Baltimore. He is now asking $25K for his last Sandman # 1 page (No Morpheus). 

But did you ask Albert what he'd ask for a similar status page from SH1?