• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 5:59 AM, csaag said:
On 9/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, KPR Comics said:

How do they make money if they charge 8% but sell on eBay?

I thought they charge a higher price which covers the eBay fees

This is correct.  Their prices are higher for each book on eBay.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:23 AM, comicdonna said:

If I found a book from them I liked and it was listed on ebay, I would go and buy it directly off their site.  

This.  

The only benefit I can see on their Ebay listings is they do offer free 30 day returns (they pay shipping) for any reason....even on CGC graded books.

On their website, they only offer free returns (they pay shipping) if they sent the wrong item.  They don't allow returns on CGC graded books if you disagree with the grade......and if you ordered an item in error, they will refund the purchase price (without shipping), less a 25% restocking fee.

Edited by Domo Arigato

Same question as above person.  I'm curious if you found that their grades for your raw books came in lower than you thought they would/should have been, given the reputation they have.  Regardless of whether you got the price you wanted for the books in the end.  

I guess this didn't happen, but would/could you ask them to just send it back to you if you don't like the grade they give it?  Do you pay that extra shipping?

Oh, also, what % would you say sold for your list price as opposed to your accepting an offer for less?

Thanks for the information!

Edited by Axelrod

On 9/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, Axelrod said:

Same question as above person.  I'm curious if you found that their grades for your raw books came in lower than you thought they would/should have been, given the reputation they have.  Regardless of whether you got the price you wanted for the books in the end. 

+2

I hope I can drop off some books locally to not have to mail them.  I live about an hour from their address which looks to be some type of warehouse.  
If I sell a set like Defenders it would be a packaging nightmare for me and the shipping expense I would have to charge.  I'll call them when I get ready to sell to them and see what they say.
Also, I prefer to sell in their auction rather then wait for a consignment book to finally find a buyer.  But maybe consignment might be better in some cases.  

Edited by musicmeta

On 9/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, musicmeta said:

I hope I can drop off some books locally to not have to mail them.  I live about an hour from their address which looks to be some type of warehouse.  
If I sell a set like Defenders it would be a packaging nightmare for me and the shipping expense I would have to charge.  I'll call them when I get ready to sell to them and see what they say.
Also, I prefer to sell in their auction rather then wait for a consignment book to finally find a buyer.  But maybe consignment might be better in some cases.  

Contact their consignment director Este Bagato to find out about dropping off, her customer service is top notch! (thumbsu

On 9/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, Black_Adam said:

Contact their consignment director Este Bagato to find out about dropping off, her customer service is top notch! (thumbsu

I was told that drop off's need to be by appointment. It's a big operation... not just a couple guys sitting on bushel baskets waiting for something to happen. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/7/2021 at 4:18 PM, jimjum12 said:

I was told that drop off's need to be by appointment. It's a big operation... not just a couple guys sitting on bushel baskets waiting for something to happen. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thanks! I thought that would be the case on drop offs.  I'll get some books lined up and give them a call in a few weeks.