• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,109 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 12:24 PM, musicmeta said:

Thanks for chiming in this thread.  All your information is helping us a lot.  Say do you take Venmo?..or have you thought about taking Venmo?  

We do not currently take Venmo but I agree that would be a great option to add. We'll look into that.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, inovrmihd said:

What is considered "expensive" to waive the 3% buyers fee if payment is made by check/wire transfer?

Any payment sent by check doesn't pay the 3% fee. It's only on credit card and paypal purchases. I've started paying them by Zelle, with no fees.   It seems that if they pay a fee, it gets passed on. 
If they don't incur a fee, they don't charge one. That's my observation, not  a definitive answer.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:00 PM, mycomicshop said:

As @shadroch said, we can mail you a check, and we can send PayPal payments (not sent as friends and family, so you'll incur Paypal fees if you choose that.

I can't specifically speak to Canadian tax issues and income. That's something you'll have to decide how to handle on your own, but I can say we have plenty of high volume Canadian consignors.

if i choose to receive the funds from a sale as an account credit, can i issue a check at any time in any amount? is there a cost to having a check issued and sent to me? e.g. if my account has 5k, can i request a check for 1k every month for 5 months?

On 9/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, alwaysbronze said:

if i choose to receive the funds from a sale as an account credit, can i issue a check at any time in any amount? is there a cost to having a check issued and sent to me? e.g. if my account has 5k, can i request a check for 1k every month for 5 months?

Yes. No cost per check, though if it’s especially frequent like close to weekly, it would make more sense to receive a weekly check through our normal payments instead of paying out to account credit and manually requesting checks out of that. 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, mycomicshop said:

Yes. No cost per check, though if it’s especially frequent like close to weekly, it would make more sense to receive a weekly check through our normal payments instead of paying out to account credit and manually requesting checks out of that. 

This will be my last question ... and I AM seriously considering MCS as an option. Let's say my book sells on eBay and 5 months later they request a refund for not agreeing with the grade and then sending back a different and lower graded book... does that refund get charged to me or my account ? GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/11/2021 at 12:01 PM, jimjum12 said:

This will be my last question ... and I AM seriously considering MCS as an option. Let's say my book sells on eBay and 5 months later they request a refund for not agreeing with the grade and then sending back a different and lower graded book... does that refund get charged to me or my account ? GOD BLESS ....

MCS takes on the liability. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Ablation Steve said:

Thanks for answering so many questions mycomicshop. One more.

How's it work with multiple, identical copies of CGC? Let's say someone has four copies of Spider-Man 2099 #1 CGC 9.8. Can all be sent in at once? Can they be set at different prices?

Yes and yes. You can pretty much submit any CGC book and they'll accept it. Once scanning is done, you set the price individually. 

I've sent in multiple copies of a book and never had an issue 

On 9/11/2021 at 6:41 PM, jimjum12 said:

That just about cinches it in MCS favor.... I like eBay, but don't use them because I am absolutely NOT having my bank drained at the 1st of the month, a half year later, by some shyster who wants to game the system and end up with my book AND my money. I'm told it rarely happens, but I don't really want to throw all in with an entity that doesn't have the nads to stand behind me ... I mean, eBay doesn't have squat to sell, and while the buyer may be sending the actual funds, they're not going to do that for nothing. A seller should get some credit .... GOD BLESS...

And this is important to us.  Artboy has had a few books go 'missing' over the years and took it on the chin.  We send one box of books to mycomicshop and they manage the sale, the shipping of individual books, and they deal with returns and scams.  To us it seems like their fees are very reasonable.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Ablation Steve said:

Thanks for answering so many questions mycomicshop. One more.

How's it work with multiple, identical copies of CGC? Let's say someone has four copies of Spider-Man 2099 #1 CGC 9.8. Can all be sent in at once? Can they be set at different prices?

Send in four. Price three at 200% of what you want, and one at 125%.   If no one bites after two weeks, adjust a bit.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, thehumantorch said:

And this is important to us.  Artboy has had a few books go 'missing' over the years and took it on the chin.  We send one box of books to mycomicshop and they manage the sale, the shipping of individual books, and they deal with returns and scams.  To us it seems like their fees are very reasonable.

It is the best way I've found to sell. My only regret was it was so easy to sell on their site that many of my books sold before the sugar-rush blew up the market. 

Edited by shadroch

On 9/13/2021 at 9:41 AM, mycomicshop said:

Yes--once a buyer has paid for an item and we've shipped it, the consignor gets paid and if anything happens with the buyer after the fact, that's our responsibility. Consignors are never bothered by buyer complaints, returns, etc. That is a significant source of value we provide to our consignors.

I'm so hesitant to sell anything worth more than ~$150 on eBay out of fear of scammers and other negative consequences. Removing those risks from the equation is such a huge plus.