• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta sketch and V for Vendetta -script, worth?

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

It's been a very long time since I posted.

I have two questions.  

First is a Frazetta sketch and has COA.  What do you think it is worth?

2nd I have a V for Vendetta -script which was originally published in Warrior Magazine.

Alan Moore typed his stories in usual 80s fashion in triple. With 2nd and 3rd copy going to publisher and artist.  Copy in question is likely 3rd copy and has ink corrections likely by Alan Moore whereby typewriter obviously couldn't correct back two copies.

This part of the story is called The Vanishing and is 8 pages long. Ballpark on this?  1 of 3 in existance, popular comic and movie so would think should be pretty valuable.

Resized_20210906_161153.jpeg

20210711_164614.jpeg

The Frazatta is on animation paper, so likely drawn for Fire and Ice, which was a Frazetta collaboration.

There are some pieces from Fire and Ice in the HA results, though many are listed as "attributed" as there were numerous animators who worked on the film.

Edited by J.Sid

Interesting. Thanks for your input.  Looking through the HA results I see that this appears to be the back drawing of Princess Teegra then.  One of the sketches that sold there with multiple images of her has an almost identical back view.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:21 PM, comicnut said:

First is a Frazetta sketch and has COA.  What do you think it is worth?

Resized_20210906_161153.jpeg

$242?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/929682

"Frank Frazetta pencils; Fire and Ice concept sketches w/COA; undated; image size 9" x 15.25"

Nice page of Frazetta sketches, including one of his typical shapely women. From the Fire and Ice film by Ralph Bakshi that Frazetta designed. Pencil on paper. Art is in excellent condition.

Includes COA signed by Bill Frazetta."

Fire and Ice has value to Frazetta devotees. I’m leaning on ‘attributed’ here. The picture resembled Frazetta but is likely an animated artist under his direction? I don’t want to buzzkill at least you have his family’s COA. I think the low final bid is a tip off that Frank’s ‘contribution’ was more aspirational.

Its one of my favorite animated films.

Edited by grapeape

Nice catch. This isn't mine but being offered to me for the V for Vedetta (by the owner) in a partial trade.  That is awesome now I have an exact value for that, thanks.  

Can anyone estimate what the V for Vendetta -script would be worth?  You never see scripts for that for sale.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:34 AM, comicnut said:

Nice catch. This isn't mine but being offered to me for the V for Vedetta (by the owner) in a partial trade.  That is awesome now I have an exact value for that, thanks.  

Can anyone estimate what the V for Vendetta ---script would be worth?  You never see scripts for that for sale.

Yes contact Joe Maddalena at Heritage Auctions this is his exact experience.He will appraise an estimated value on the -script.

Joe Maddalena

Executive Vice President 

214-409-1511

JMaHa.com

His profiles in history company merged with HA he is a leading expert in Hollywood artifacts 

Edited by grapeape

I've got a couple of these Moore scripts, and I'm big on them.  You could see them popping up in a museum one day just as easily as comic art due to Moore's standing as one of the more popular writers of the 20th Century.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, pkveronese said:

I've got a couple of these Moore scripts, and I'm big on them.  You could see them popping up in a museum one day just as easily as comic art due to Moore's standing as one of the more popular writers of the 20th Century.

Yes, one of the reasons I didn't want to sell, and the fact you never see his scripts for sale from the 1980's stuff.  I had a Marvel Man -script as well and sold it first to same guy.  Now I have none.  Want to buy a silver key now to make me feel better :goodvsevil: