• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic Con International Nov 26-28 2021
1 1

95 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2021 at 12:40 PM, Cobbledclam said:

Yes we know how desperate our  beautiful blazing Bob is going to be and willing to accept anyone attempting at lowballing him, be prepared to have him laugh 😂 in your face. Bob and  whomever else travels across the country and incurs great expense to deliver funny books to us should be thanked and not attempted to be  taken advantage of. 

You must be kidding, I would not force anyone to do anything they would not want to. A comic book true value price is what a buyer and seller agree to be the final price. However, if the price is is tad high and you would like to make your costs back, an offer is an offer and those conditions might make a seller to be more reasonable in terms of the ultimate price. The only result of making a offer that is not accepted is either you counter up or walk. So be it...I did not think any major GA/SA comic book dealer is going to be taken advantage of period other than making the sky-high prices of today more reasonable.

Edited by Mmehdy

On 9/25/2021 at 8:13 PM, Cobbledclam said:

Checking the exhibitors list the only vintage comic dealers I see at this time are Angelo's Comics, high-grade Comics!, and tomorrow's treasures.  I am certain there will be others but??? 

Angelo...:roflmao:

It took me some effort to find that list. I think I might have seen Dale Roberts too. I still can’t see who the guests might be. I don’t even see local SO CA dealers such as Terry’s Comics, Brad at F-VF, or even local SD dealers such as Jamie Newbold at SO CA comics. 

I would ONLY go to buy vintage comics. Paying $150 for a three day show that I might only spend a couple hours at, doesn’t seem like a good idea. 

Too bad, most any other weekend would have been smarter. Tickets are still available. Sadly, looks like a bust to me. 

On 9/26/2021 at 9:11 AM, Mmehdy said:

You must be kidding, I would not force anyone to do anything they would not want to. A comic book true value price is what a buyer and seller agree to be the final price. However, if the price is is tad high and you would like to make your costs back, an offer is an offer and those conditions might make a seller to be more reasonable in terms of the ultimate price. The only result of making a offer that is not accepted is either you counter up or walk. So be it...I did not think any major GA/SA comic book dealer is going to be taken advantage of period other than making the sky-high prices of today more reasonable.

I don’t see any intelligent dealer traveling cross country with a huge load only to “make his costs back”. What sense does that make? 

And, with the skyrocketing prices of comics right now, dealers are having to pay much more to aquire inventory. Profit margins are very tight. I wouldn’t expect much if any “bargains” at a show unless you get VERY lucky. 

On 9/26/2021 at 9:34 AM, Robot Man said:

I don’t see any intelligent dealer traveling cross country with a huge load only to “make his costs back”. What sense does that make? 

And, with the skyrocketing prices of comics right now, dealers are having to pay much more to aquire inventory. Profit margins are very tight. I wouldn’t expect much if any “bargains” at a show unless you get VERY lucky. 

I agree this show is a question mark, but in every show I have ever attended, there were always good deals to be had, just got to look for them, sometimes behind the table in a box below and sometimes you just have to ask, however you do have to be there to look..

On 9/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, Mmehdy said:

I agree this show is a question mark, but in every show I have ever attended, there were always good deals to be had, just got to look for them, sometimes behind the table in a box below and sometimes you just have to ask, however you do have to be there to look..

Very true. They are never just out on the wall. You gotta be clever and work for them. At pretty much any show there is usually “that guy” who is in the back or maybe with only a couple of books out that has something cool tucked away. I just don’t think “that guy” will be there this time. 

On 9/26/2021 at 9:11 AM, Mmehdy said:

Of course I was just kidding :-)

On 9/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, Cobbledclam said:

I've spoken with  the following dealers and none of them are setting up in San Diego Turkey day show. 

Terry 0'

Bob High-Grade

Brad F/VF

Ken Cloud 9

Jeff   Elite Comic source

Gus  Silver-Age

IMG_8045.JPG

Wow, that's a good chunk of good dealers. Was hoping for maybe Bedrock, Dale Roberts, A-1, Jamie Newbold SO CA comics (who lives in SD) and Steve Ritter at Worldwide as well as a few others (although, I just saw most of them at Torpedo a couple months ago). What about Harley? If he isn't there, it isn't a comic show. 

Traveling for me is out for a while so I can only hope for Terry O's show in Jan or maybe WonderCon in April (if it is still going on). :sorry:

I'll call a few more national dealers tomorrow and see who's who and who's ain't gonna show up and such . 

I'm just thinking what could be going on that weekend that would keep anybody from coming out and doing a show? Is there anything going on anybody knows about? What's good reason? Why  are you going to be hanging out with your family and close friends so close to home and such?

IMG_8338.GIF

On 9/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, Cobbledclam said:

No show from Richie Muchin tomorrow's treasures. 

Jamie Graham yes.

Harley Yee yes

Thanks for checking Cobbledclam. 

Jamie and Harley will probably be at the little local San Fernando Con on Halloween. Another show I probably won’t go to anyway. Come on, of all days Halloween? Will be setting up the Crypt for trick or treat and spending time with my grandkids. 

Think of having to set up your booth on Thanksgiving Day? I don’t blame dealers for not wanting to travel for this show. Again sparse to no info from SDCC on what they will be offering for your $150. ticket...

I'll call a few more national dealers tomorrow and see who's who and who's ain't gonna show up and such . 

I'm just thinking what could be going on that weekend that would keep anybody from coming out and doing a show? Is there anything going on anybody knows about? What's good reason? Why  are you going to be hanging out with your family and close friends so close to home and such?

Also here's an example of the hotel prices from the weekend of the show to the next.

Comfort inn suites in the gaslamp the weekend of the show for four nights $1700.

And the following weekend $547 for the same hotel and nights. 

I can list a few were examples but you get the idea.San Diego Is  hoping enough of us dummies will come there and take the bait/Chum being offered up to us from the San Diego Comic Con organizers.

happy holidays!

IMG_7150.JPG