• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic Con International Nov 26-28 2021
1 1

95 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, Robot Man said:

Word I heard was it was done to get the exhibitors off their back who had paid in advance for their booths. It was a final take it or leave it so they didn't have to refund money. I seriously doubt anybody is going to make much if any money off this show. Most exhibitors did what I would have and that is to write it off as a loss on their taxes. Throwing good money after bad seems like a real bad idea. When was the last time you saw tickets still available for a SDCC?

All that being said, if I was a local with a free pass, I would either take an Uber or have someone drop me off and pick me up afterwards. Sounds like virtually no vintage comic dealers (which is the only reason I went as long as I did). But, you never know and I'm sure there would be some interesting things to look at. Probably no crowds either. Shots and tests required will probably keep a lot of the riff raff away. Will be a real sad affair but better than nothing in this "new era" of comic shows. 

I understand you would take a chance, my view why should I when I know I am going into a sub-par event and can wait to next year for the real deal, its not about the $25 UBER fee there to the $20 overpriced  lunch etc, it a matter yours and mine time....I do not see it other than a waste and I got free pass.....who would of ever thought I would turn down a SDCC...it not really a Wonder con or SDCC....its a mini con

Edited by Mmehdy

Few more days and I hope I can buy parking tickets this weekend on Monday !!!  I can't wait to see what this show will be.  Hmmm, perhaps like it was when I went over 20 years ago???  Either way, I love SDCC and the vibe.  I look forward to buying items there and helping out the vendors who are there.  

...and the parking for SDCC Spec Edition is open to the general public. I just got my reservations from ACE. The 'convenience' fee tacked onto the regular parking fee is annoying and an obvious money grab, but otherwise, having a parking place is a relief. 

Looking forward to seeing many of the friends that I've made over the years there (especially Scott Shaw! whom I have known forever). 

For all the people attending and setting up I hope it’s a great show. It’s always an X-factor and if you don’t go you will never know. We can poo poo the situation concerning the date and timing but is is what it is. It’s a gamble and I know that a little turkey once in a while is pretty tasty.

C0FA0E83-FB0B-42D7-86C2-EC84C6A64983.jpeg

030B3160-505D-48E6-88CF-D81FC2198188.gif

Edited by Cobbledclam
Pic

On 11/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, Robot Man said:

James said more in one “Hit Me” than many say in a whole album.

When The Godfather speaks, he’s got my attention.

Long live the Funk!

And I’ll bet you spent many hours staring at the cracks in the walls or the veins in your hands while listening to this after ingesting something for medicinal or meditative purposes 

On 11/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, Mmehdy said:

It appears HA is on board with this show, will be there is full force...that is positive news. Any body else going???

Hopefully, they will be there with lots of long boxes to paw through...:wishluck:

Edited by Robot Man

On 11/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, Robot Man said:

Hopefully, they will be there with lots of long boxes to paw through...:wishluck:

They should bring a bunch of preview stuff  which will be great to look at in person, I am leaning on going just for that

I have my tickets in hand, received a little goodie bag of items and a nice pin.  Already set up across the street in Gas Lamp is a Le Brea site.  I wasn't expecting anything outside at all.  I can't wait o see what else I will see Friday!!  You have to wear a bracelet the entire time with a ticket.  Not posting pics of anything until the event starts to not take the fun away from anyone. :)  

I wished I could have gone to the SDCC back in the day, MrRobot, you are lucky if you did👍

On 11/26/2021 at 10:55 AM, Robot Man said:

Would love to see a few wall shots in the “Gold & Silver Pavilion”. Interesting how many dealers actually made it. Either way, have fun!

On 11/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, Robot Man said:

I hear Archie might make an appearance. Perhaps, I should reconsider...

E13EA532-A875-4202-A2CB-E426A96BFCDF.jpeg

That's a fun cover. I never noticed before that Goldberg drew Don and Maggie Thompson on the right. 

OK, I am in....first you go to vax line and show ID and vax card, or pay to get a test and then you go to the badge line and let me tell you, very excited crowd, room looks great ( got a preview) this is a SOLID show without the crowds being overwhelming. It it for SURE worth a attend if you can...more later