Can you please increase the number of allowed concurrent sessions?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I access the boards from three different devices each day.

But it seems that boards have the sessions are limited to two concurrent at max - as I always have to sign in on whichever device I used before the last two. (Time doesn’t seem to play a factor). 

It’s a tiny thing but if it’s possible to increase this slightly, I’d appreciate it. 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, Arkham said:

I access the boards from three different devices each day.

But it seems that boards have the sessions are limited to two concurrent at max - as I always have to sign in on whichever device I used before the last two. (Time doesn’t seem to play a factor). 

It’s a tiny thing but if it’s possible to increase this slightly, I’d appreciate it. 

Hello Arkham.

This sounds like something that only CGC administration staff could do, but I'm afraid they do not respond to questions in this 'technical' forum. That is disappointing of course, as it gives the impression that they don't care about your question, given that they set the forum up in the first place. CGC Management are clearly too tight to pay for someone in the technical department to monitor and help us out with board related issues, so the bad news is that you are unlikely to get an answer to your question here.

In their absence though, the forum does have some merit as an area where members can help each other out with 'how do I do this' sort of questions. We're quite good at helping each other out in that regard, where we can. That's the good news.

Oddly enough, I use three devices... Phone, laptop, and tabket... And have not encountered this issue.

I'm generally required to log back in roughly once a week on each device.

Edited by OtherEric

On 9/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, OtherEric said:

Oddly enough, I use three devices... Phone, laptop, and tabket... And have not encountered this issue.

There you go Eric - try and help our friend Arkham out then :)

Thanks @Get Marwood & I! I didn't realise this wasn't monitored. I appreciate this update a lot. 

@OtherEric - Ok! Well, that sounds like there might be something specific going on with my machines - perhaps cookie management or something. I will have a dig. Thanks very much!

On 9/13/2021 at 6:14 AM, Arkham said:

Thanks @Get Marwood & I! I didn't realise this wasn't monitored. I appreciate this update a lot. 

@OtherEric - Ok! Well, that sounds like there might be something specific going on with my machines - perhaps cookie management or something. I will have a dig. Thanks very much!

No worries, it catches everyone out. I've sent CGC suggestions to streamline the various Q&A forums here and there was a commitment given a while back for staff to look at this forum in the meantime but that didn't last long. 

I can log in on three devices too actually - PC, tablet and phone - so maybe the problem is your end. Good luck

On 9/13/2021 at 12:59 PM, G G ® ™ said:

I find the can and string to be perfectly reliable, and this is fully supported by Invision. (thumbsu

Maybe Invision are not the problem. Maybe the absence of reactive CGC administrative action is the problem. Invision will only know that their client has a problem, if their client tells them. Maybe the access problems that we have all been facing for the last two months could have been solved two months ago. 

I'm just being fair to Invision here, in the absence of any explanation from CGC. I've tried quite a few other forums recently - in my opinion, the Invision software that we are using here is light years ahead of all of them. 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

y - In my opinion, the Invision software that we are using here is light years ahead of all of them. 

Really? It malfunctions every day. I'd hate to see the other software in that case. :insane:

On 9/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, G G ® ™ said:

Really? It malfunctions every day. I'd hate to see the other software in that case. :insane:

The functionality is comparably excellent, when it works. It may not be Invision's fault that it hasn't been recently.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:12 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

The functionality is comparably excellent, when it works. It may not be Invision's fault that it hasn't been recently.

Someone has to take responsibility. Obviously no-one is, because it keeps happening, day after day, after day....etc etc.