• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Wanted with Amateur Resto Cap 109
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I have a Cap 109 with cut outs in the letters pages. Is there any kind person out there that would scan those pages to this thread so I can print and add them to my copy? 

Technically I am also missing the Karate advert on the back of the first letters page and a house ad on the back of the second letters page so if you were feeling really kind...I won't say no if you wanted to post those too. Thanks in advance for anyone's help with this project. (Syd Shores really was the master inker on JK!)

Cap109FCvr.thumb.jpg.a37932a60205663ca7bd39e452bc504c.jpg

Cap109P1Ltrs.thumb.jpg.583916068005c315687d747c7fa92a0d.jpg

Cap109P2Ltrs.thumb.jpg.408bd05d1f1f27628617b7679f6ad0f1.jpg

Edited by LowGradeBronze

On 9/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

O_O

You just want to add photocopies to your original? How do you intend on doing this?

Yes that's it really. I can copy the image, play around with size and then print the new page. Then likely cut out the missing panel from the new page with some of its surrounding and tape it in place* behind so it shows through. It's a low grade copy, (even with no damage it would only be 2.0) and to some degree this is an experiment. It just bums me that I don't know what those panels look like! ??? (I've added a MVS to a very low grade Captain Marvel 32 in the same way. It feels complete now, sort of. Call me eccentric.)

*using tiny strips of low tack tape across the corners

Edited by LowGradeBronze

I don't have the pages but I dig the concept on a low-grade book. I wouldn't look at it as complete but less incomplete. Sounds like the additions are removable so why not?