• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decorating the Morlock Tunnels: Art under $500
3 3

210 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 11:51 AM, RBerman said:

We've all heard (or experienced) stories of good art from yesteryear that sold for pennies at the time but is worth a fortune now and has looked great all along. The good news is that cheap art is still plentiful, perhaps now more than ever. What are some pieces that you've acquired recently for under $500? I'll get the train rolling with this splash page by Brian Hitch and Paul Neary from The Ultimates (2003) #10. Captain America is planting explosives on a train controlled not just by Nazis, but by alien Nazis.The worst kind!

What will you choo-choose to share?

JQjR9lK4_1511201651241gpadd.jpg.6f7145ca751f2fcbf5286e2e477f4be4.jpg

That’s a beauty!!

On 9/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, The Voord said:

I'm mostly into collecting Movie Poster paintings nowadays.  Some stuff I've acquired over the last two years, all under $500 a pop.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I can see why you got A Day of Fury so cheaply. That looks like Robert Mitchum holding a gun, and he wasn’t in the cast.