• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help pricing 1st app of Scream.

8 posts in this topic

I hadn’t thought of selling it, but I got an inquiry so I thought I’d get some feedback.

Venom: Lethal Protectors #4. 1st appearance of Scream. This is the 2nd page she appears on in the book and the 1st page where she fights Spider-Man.

I know 1st appearance pages are super expensive and in demand and Scream is also really hot right now with her own title.

Art by Ron Lim and Sam de la Rosa.

Let me know what you think about it guys. Thank you!

D9DA731D-AAFB-4A9A-9127-8E5C9A62E505.jpeg

Edited by Timely

On 9/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, Timely said:

I hadn’t thought of selling it, but I got an inquiry so I thought I’d get some feedback.

Venom: Lethal Protectors #4. 1st appearance of Scream. This is the 2nd page she appears on in the book and the 1st page where she fights Spider-Man.

I know 1st appearance pages are super expensive and in demand and Scream is also really hot right now with her own title.

Hmmm, page looks familiar 😂

I need a better understanding of the "first appearance" thing. Scream appears on the cover of issue #4; are cover appearances a first or not so much because the character's on a cover? Before this page, she makes a dynamic appearance (a three-quarter splash) which would seem to serve as her first in-story appearance. So, which counts as the "first"? The cover or the splash?

Either way, this wouldn't seem to be the first appearance unless collectors view all pages in the issue as a first. 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:25 PM, Mighty Hal said:

I need a better understanding of the "first appearance" thing. Scream appears on the cover of issue #4; are cover appearances a first or not so much because the character's on a cover? Before this page, she makes a dynamic appearance (a three-quarter splash) which would seem to serve as her first in-story appearance. So, which counts as the "first"? The cover or the splash?

Either way, this wouldn't seem to be the first appearance unless collectors view all pages in the issue as a first. 

Yes, any page from this issue with Scream on it is a first appearance page. The page before this one is her “birth page” as some have coined that terminology, it being the very first page in the story she appears on.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:10 PM, Timely said:

Yes, any page from this issue with Scream on it is a first appearance page. The page before this one is her “birth page” as some have coined that terminology, it being the very first page in the story she appears on.

Thanks, I was unaware of this. Is a "birth" page more of less desirable than a later appearance in the same story? In this case, is the cover (where Scream is first seen but not "birthed" -- such weird terminology) more or less sought after than the other pages?

On 9/11/2021 at 6:29 AM, Timely said:

Nobody wants to answer your question so I’ll take a stab. Lots of great action and the 1st appearance.

$3500.00

That’s my gut I didn’t surf for comps. 

Very nice page. That’s what I would want in a first appearance page. Action.

🕷