• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us comics you got signed in person
7 7

204 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2021 at 6:59 PM, Robot Man said:

I meant to say. Anybody got any good stories connected to your autograph experience would be fun to hear...

I actually created a topic on that because my John Byrne experience was, memorable. 

John Byrne Story

I should add what happened with Claremont to those books too, because THAT was also a story! lol

Getting this cool double cover Groo signed was memorable. The guys got a real kick out of it. They triple-signed it and each had their own way to sign each cover and title page. Unfortunately I only have the front cover scanned and I'm too lazy to dig it out atm. :tonofbricks:

I had the TMNT 1 (3rd printing) signed by Peter Laird at Comicfest '93 in Philly. At the time, he said "wow, I've never signed one of these before. Is this a first printing?" Which is weird, because they signed many #1s before 1993. I think he meant he hadn't signed any of them on the front cover. 21 years later, I met Kevin Eastman at a Dayton, OH con and asked him to add his signature in the same color as Laird's. 

I had the Spider-man 13 signed by McFarlane at the '93 Comicfest as well. Went back to Philly in '94 to add Stan's signature. He signed it small in Spider-man's eye and said of Todd's large signature "Does this mean he has a bigger ego than me?" I know they became good friends later, but it's funny to remember that quip. 

Groo 56 (double cover).jpg

TMNT v1 01 (3rd printing) copy B (signed by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman)_01.JPG

Spider-man 13_01.jpg