• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's THE PENGUIN show starring Colin Farrell (TBD)
1 1

58 posts in this topic

I really liked the trailer, and I think the corner of the universe they are filling out with the crime aspect is going to work really well for Bats.

WGA picketers were responsible for the halting of production on Robert Pattinson's The Batman spin-off The Penguin on Tuesday, as the Warner Bros. Discovery project was set to continue filming in Westchester, New York. 

Deadline reported the production shutdown, noting that filming was going to be shut down for the day after Teamsters and local guilds refused to cross the picket line. 

Writers reacted to the production shutdown on Twitter, hurling DC-infused quips on Twitter like "Breaking news: we have spoken Truth to Penguin:"

"Breaking news: we have spoken Truth to Penguin. The WGA Dawn Patrol has shut Penguin down for the day. No more folks needed in Sleepy Hollow. WGA Strong"

“The Penguin” is heading back into production.

The Max-DC series, which stars Colin Farrell in a spinoff of the film “The Batman,” is set to return to shooting now that the SAG-AFTRA strike has been settled. Production on the series will resume the week after Thanksgiving, Variety has learned. It originally began in March 2023 but was suspended in June during the writers’ strike and subsequent actors’ strike in Hollywood.

Farrell will reprise the role of Oswald “The Penguin” Cobblepot in the series after delivering a critically-acclaimed turn as the iconic character in the hit film.

The show will pick up in the immediate aftermath of the conclusion of “The Batman” and will chart Cobblepot’s rise to power in the Gotham underworld to become one of Batman’s most feared villains. On the live-action side, The Penguin has previously been played by actors like Burgess Meredith, Danny DeVito, and Robin Lord Taylor.

F_dos8HW8AAnyMX.thumb.jpeg.bc372208e2849e6bc1f51854ba8ae4cc.jpeg

The Penguin: Colin Farrell Returns In The Batman Spin-Off Crime Series – Exclusive Image

While much of The Batman saw Robert Pattinson’s Bat face off against Paul Dano’s Riddler (while entangled in the affairs of Zoë Kravitz’s Catwoman), it gave an indication of a Gotham teeming with villains – not least, Colin Farrell in an all-too-brief turn as The Penguin.

His Oswald Cobblepot proved a real standout, a big-mouthed wise-guy mobster with big designs on Gotham’s crime scene – and now he’s stepping up as the lead character in his own show. The Penguin, coming in 2024, will pick up days after where The Batman ended, exploring the moves that Cobblepot makes in the power vacuum left by Carmine Falcone’s departure – and Empire has a world-exclusive new look at the show in our 2024 Preview issue.

The new Penguin series is now filming under the shooting title Boss. My side job is background acting in film and television and I'm looking forward to working on my first comic book related project! Can't say anything else of course but this series looks like it will be very good. 

20240124_150357.jpg