• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures from 9/12 Comic Art Con?
2 2

39 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 10:36 AM, Rick2you2 said:

It's a nice page, but I would have passed on it since I already have two from the series I like. I think I have actually seen yours somewhere for sale before the show. These are mine. I would add something noticeably better, but I doubt I would spend the necessary money to get it.

MMignolaCRussell_PSV3_I4Plast.thumb.jpg.0fa618e6e9a5f1aa6355e375018d053b.jpgMignolaRussell0213.thumb.jpg.71d82ad33d6a58bfad900f28b998c17a.jpg 

Oh ok cool. Wasn’t trying to sell it to ya. You asked I showed. Think their all nice pages. Besides I mostly sell via heritage when I do sell, I’m burned out on the games. 

On 9/16/2021 at 6:20 PM, zhamlau said:

Oh ok cool. Wasn’t trying to sell it to ya. You asked I showed. Think their all nice pages. Besides I mostly sell via heritage when I do sell, I’m burned out on the games. 

I didn’t think you were trying to sell it to me. Just comparing our …art. 

On 9/16/2021 at 8:04 PM, BCarter27 said:

Wow! What a surreal messed up day this show was...

My buddy Hoss and I had to brave Port Authority at the crack of dawn. At least Dunkin was open.

Once out in Jersey, we missed our stop. On the walk over, I fell, sprained my ankle, and tore up my hand. And we had to sprint across a highway and hop the median! It was either that or get Lyme's disease from the tick-ridden field of head-high grass the GPS said to walk through.

So, Comic Art Con organizers... PLEASE switch to a different venue that's easier to get to from Manhattan. LOL

We drag ourselves up to the dealers' room. Whaddaya mean cash only?! Sigh...

OK, we finally dig into some art! Here are some pics of random stuff that caught my eye-
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/M191EebjlvPByhPd1lyoboZ4GrP9RoC9SdHKReA5yPR

The JPGs have the dealer name. Go ask them about any missing prices.

Big ups (Do kids still say that?) to @Sideshow Bob for purchase advice. (But big bags of poop for bailing on us!)

@AnkurJgets the Gold Star for the show by helping me with a deal. Mistah J, you're the best!

Great seeing some familiar faces. I wish I could have chatted with more folks, but we had to RUN for the bus! On my bad ankle! The bus was then involved in an accident. And we were moments from being attacked by a meth head who thought I stole the $40 he lost. Hoss then made the adult decision for us to call a Lyft... and take it all the way back to the city.

Btw, the only thing to eat in walking distance of the show was a KFC. Yes, the fast food chain that's so dumbed down, they dropped their real name and settled for three letters. And I'm vegan. Yeah, that was fun. You haven't lived until you've put together a meal of KFC sides.

So let's work on a new venue. I was sorely missing that nice restaurant inside the old location.

But thanks to Albert Moy for bringing this bad boy... Walking out with this made the whole mess worth it:

1286837869_JimLeeandScottWilliamsBatman618page17.thumb.jpg.d636fca905118769708eb05b946417fa.jpg

@stinkininkin  Not enough good things to say about this page!

Cool page! Glad you got something you wanted. I remember when the $1400 asking price (pencilled in the upper right) for brand new art seemed pretty bold! lol 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:04 PM, BCarter27 said:

So, Comic Art Con organizers... PLEASE switch to a different venue that's easier to get to from Manhattan. LOL

I've felt the same way since they moved from Secaucus, and I keep hoping they find a way to get back to a Secaucus venue...

On 9/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, Grant Turner said:

Anyone know who’s booth this was?  I touched base with Comiclink but they said it wasn’t them…3DAA402B-7208-4139-AEC8-AB3189DB4C78.thumb.png.7f37952939610bb3c949e3be9532d8d5.png

The art was not ComicLink’s or Nostalgic investments. It’s a local NJ collector. I can ask if he is ok with his name being disclosed.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:18 PM, AnkurJ said:

The art was not ComicLink’s or Nostalgic investments. It’s a local NJ collector. I can ask if he is ok with his name being disclosed.

I’m interested in one of the pages in this photo.  (You can have him contact me if that’s better for him- I can get my info)

Anyone know who’s booth this was?

Nathan Rose, I think. I don't have his contact info.

Edit: Is this him?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Original-Comic-Art/3984/m.html?item=304006560988&toolid=10049&mkcid=1&campid=5338181027&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&customid=39&hash=item46c833fcdc%3Ag%3Aq7QAAOSwenBggzM~&_ssn=nostalgicollectibles&_sop=16

Edited by BCarter27

Anyone know who’s booth this was?  I touched base with Comiclink but they said it wasn’t them…3DAA402B-7208-4139-AEC8-AB3189DB4C78.thumb.png.7f37952939610bb3c949e3be9532d8d5.png

It was ComicLink's booth, I asked, but it was the stuff the guy owned (or controlled) who was sitting there, not for auction.