• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's J. ROBERT OPPENHEIMER & THE ATOM BOMB directed by Christopher Nolan (TBD)
3 3

261 posts in this topic

Speaking to THR, Shyamalan revealed that he had spoken positively about the studio before Nolan made the decision to work with them. Shyamalan emphasized that Universal remained committed to storytelling and supporting theatres in an era where studios are leaning towards streaming releases. He elaborated by firmly stating he continues to support theaters and theatrical releases, not buying into the narrative that audiences were tiring of them and that he, Nolan, Jordan Peele, and others have and can continue to prove that narrative wrong. Check out Shyamalan's full response below.

"I conveyed how much I feel about Universal's commitment to original storytelling and the movie theaters. And in an age where everybody is trying to sell the narrative that original movies and movie theaters are dying out, I don't believe that at all! Not even a little bit. And Universal has doubled down—and continues to double down—that it's their identity. So, I'm hoping Jordan [Peele], Chris, myself and anybody else that will come over, or at other studios, can prove that everyone wants to see fresh, original ideas in a movie theater."

On 2/23/2022 at 7:39 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I wonder who will play Groves.  For me, Dane DeHaan is like kryptonite to a good movie.

Wasn't always so. He showed good promise early on, but then again, so did Hayden Christiansen. Who knows? Maybe they'll both Mickey Rourke their careers (shrug)

I smell a comeback!!!

Well, it's going to be interesting to see how historically accurate this ends up being.  Honestly, unless they're going to include the history of the development of physics and how it led to "splitting" the atom, and all the stuff in Tennessee and Washington State, I don't think there are more than a half-dozen really impactful roles in this story.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:51 PM, Larryw7 said:

This cast is as spectacular as those from seventies disaster flicks. Too bad George Kennedy, Ava Gardner, and Charlton Heston aren't still around.

Now that you say that I’m going to have to have a Saturday afternoon double feature of The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno in the near future.