• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signing by Jim Lee
2 2

30 posts in this topic

I sent in 2 comics to be signed by Jim Lee my comics were received on 6/30/2021 the add on your website said that they had to be received no later then 7/31/2021 and also that the turn around would be 6 weeks, so my question is does the 6 weeks after or on the 

31st of July? because its now starting the 7th week after the deadline. Can you tell me when I should expect my comics please. 

CGC5534235524

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The turnaround time for the private signings doesn't start until the actual signing has been completed.  There can be weeks and in some cases, months between the cut off date and the actual signing date.  This allows us to enter all the thousands of submissions for a particular signing but it is also based on the artist's schedule, which can sometimes change. This signing hasn't occurred yet and it may be a few weeks yet. 

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!  

On 9/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The turnaround time for the private signings doesn't start until the actual signing has been completed.  There can be weeks and in some cases, months between the cut off date and the actual signing date.  This allows us to enter all the thousands of submissions for a particular signing but it is also based on the artist's schedule, which can sometimes change. This signing hasn't occurred yet and it may be a few weeks yet. 

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!  

Has the signing taken place?  If so when was it?  If not, when do you expect it to?

On 9/24/2021 at 9:04 AM, Jennifer F. said:

No, this signing has not taken place yet.  We don't have a finalized date as of yet but it shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks!

Someone from your Instagram account had told me it had already happened in early September and it wasn't filmed.  

Wow. This is bizarre. So I’ll put on my tin foil hat and theorize that because CGC estimates a 6 week turnaround after the signing takes place and they realize they cannot meet that time frame as they were probably bombarded with subs for a legend like Lee they are delaying the announcement that it occurred to buy a few extra weeks  

or their IG guy has brain damage

thanks for sharing

Edited by Dimez

• Administrator

Hi, I confirmed with our Signature Series Department that the Jim Lee signing has not taken place yet.  They advised that we do not even have a date for it as of yet.  I did make them aware of what you were told on Instagram and sent them the screen shots to investigate. I'm sorry for any confusion!

Thank you!

On 9/28/2021 at 9:00 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Hi, I confirmed with our Signature Series Department that the Jim Lee signing has not taken place yet.  They advised that we do not even have a date for it as of yet.  I did make them aware of what you were told on Instagram and sent them the screen shots to investigate. I'm sorry for any confusion!

Thank you!

Can I submit books for the Jim Lee signing?  I know the time has passed, but we have no firm date for the signing.  Thanks

Am I the only one here that thinks this is skirting on the edge of false advertisement?  I am a reasonable person, but I paid a premium to have my books signed by Jim Lee, Scott Williams, and Alex Sinclair. The amount of money I paid would have covered the cost of me flying to an event and having him sign them in person, now I am finding out that 8+ weeks after submission we don't even have a date as to when Jim Lee will be signing let alone the other two artist?  I can understand if there is a conflict in schedule or life problems, coronavirus but CGC should be updating customers on their submissions if significant time had passed and there is no product in the foreseeable future.   At this rate I will be lucky to get my book by 2023.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:00 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Thank you!

What I'm not understanding is why there's a deadline to submit books for this signing , as well a cut off for sketches. Yet no one has an idea when it'll take place?.. shouldn't that be figured out BEFORE allowing submissions? 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, GAMBIT said:

What I'm not understanding is why there's a deadline to submit books for this signing , as well a cut off for sketches. Yet no one has an idea when it'll take place?.. shouldn't that be figured out BEFORE allowing submissions? 

Life happens. Covid Happens. Some Artist may have events pop up that they must back out off and all that. They probably do set a date when first negotiating it but dont release the info incase something pops up would be my guess.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:11 PM, Scoobydiesel said:

Life happens. Covid Happens. Some Artist may have events pop up that they must back out off and all that. They probably do set a date when first negotiating it but dont release the info incase something pops up would be my guess.

that makes sense... but for some reason i am getting the feeling that this isnt the case and they truly have no clue when (or if?) a signing will happen. yet collect books.   at least from the answers ive seen lately. just saying.

• Administrator

Thanks for your messages.  We do, of course, have a general idea of when the signing will take place but finalized dates are all dependent on the artist and their schedule which can change sometimes.  We have to put in a cut off date far enough in advance of the signing so we can have the time to get all the submissions entered into the system for that signing and have them ready to go for the artist.  If we put the cut off date only a day or two before the actual signing then many customers submissions would never have a chance to be entered.  

Thanks!

Question then…why doesn’t CGC provide us with this information either via email or website? Is it really too much of a professional courtesy to ask for this? Because of your customer’s willingness to pay for your products is the reason CGC has been able to expand their business….wouldn’t you agree?