• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Detective Comics #27 coming to Heritage , 7.0 A-5 white pages
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Dark Knight said:

We'll see :p.  I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over again that I will own a complete copy soon and it just never happens :ohnoez:

When the cbcs 4.5 E sold in 2016 for $167,300.00 I said mine is going up for sale (thumbsu Glad it did not.

On 9/16/2021 at 2:28 AM, Dark Knight said:

I'm wondering though if the interior lightening made the pages white?  Was it brittle before that was done? 

not possible, at worse maybe c/ow or ow pages

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 9/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Action 1 restored too

just saw that as well, yes .... waiting for images though. Do we think this goes for as much as the Tec27, or maybe a bit more ?   Are we looking at a million for the pair ?!!!  :o

On 9/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, Professor K said:

CGC should have chosen a different color for restored books. Red would have been better.  Having said that, this is a sweet looking book but Extensive. When I think of extensive restoration I think ok, 1 could be just the slightest little resto, 2 is less resto than 3, 3 is less than 4, but 5.......Is there even a limit? Could most of the book be say, artificial? Is there a point where they "just say no"?  I'd love to see what it looked like before the restoration. 

Gonna be interesting to see where it lands.

I agree. I actually think it's time to be transformative and avant garde when it comes to approaching the restored label. I'd like to see some sort of an electric violet strobe light look. Maybe even have a button so a light can protrude from the label and create this light show with different forms of the color violet anytime one pleases.

Just a thought hm

On 9/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, woowoo said:

At your age the way prices are going up you better take what you can get.:baiting:See the source image

I hope posting images of CGC grading staff doesn't violate board policy given the divisiveness and intimidation threats so rampant in our culture today.  :foryou: 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I agree. I actually think it's time to be transformative and avant garde when it comes to approaching the restored label. I'd like to see some sort of an electric violet strobe light look. Maybe even have a button so a light can protrude from the label and create this light show with different forms of the color violet anytime one pleases.

Just a thought hm

Yeah yeah that would be cool. Or just Red instead of Purple. We got blue - regular, yellow- signature, green- qualified, and red-restored. Always stick with the primary colors.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:30 PM, twmjr1 said:

Said a while back that the entry level for a complete restored T27 or A1 was 200K. It might actually be 300K now. There are probably only about 200-250 existing complete copies of each book, including restored copies. The lower grade unrestored books are going to soon have a price approaching $1 million, IMO. Where does that leave the people who want a copy, but can't possibly ever pony up seven figures? Purple labels.

this makes sense 

On 9/17/2021 at 3:22 AM, quicksilver said:

This exactly why I buy restored GA, I know I can't possibly afford anything else, and with an aim to have all the keys, I've been telling people restored is the only way, rather than never having them.

I agree the days of the "average Joe" collector being able to afford any of the major GA keys in a decent unrestored grade are long gone. When you get past all bs about the color of the label ( yes, the purple is awful) the fact is resto or no resto it's not just another comic book it's a Detective #27 (“Indiana we are simply passing through history. This.....this is history.”) Anyone lucky enough to add that 7.0 Tec to there collection should hold there head high because that a damn fine looking book.

Edited by I am not Glenda

On 9/17/2021 at 5:44 AM, I am not Glenda said:

anyone lucky enough to add that 7.0 Tec to there collection should hold there head high because that a damn fine looking book.

better-call-saul-gif.gif

Edited by Professor K

On 9/17/2021 at 3:22 AM, quicksilver said:

This exactly why I buy restored GA, I know I can't possibly afford anything else, and with an aim to have all the keys, I've been telling people restored is the only way, rather than never having them.

Yup (thumbsu