• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Detective Comics #27 coming to Heritage , 7.0 A-5 white pages
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2021 at 9:32 PM, fishbone said:

….estimating 300K ….?? What d’ya all think ?!

22B986A5-E84F-4678-A98B-013C5DADBDB1.jpeg

If i just had da moolah, this is THE book. Such a specimen higher mid grade plod represents a rare window to get in and become part of history. Such a pos could be entirely gone for good in just a few years time imho.

I’ve always wondered, A5 restoration can include:

• Any piece fill over 2" x 2" and/or color touch over 4" x 4". Recreated interior pages or cover.

Recreated interior pages or cover is why I’ve always avoided extensive restoration. Can a book really get a graded number and not Ng with essentially an entire recreated front or back cover or recreated missing internal pages?

On 10/8/2021 at 4:41 PM, Daveb25 said:

I’ve always wondered, A5 restoration can include:

• Any piece fill over 2" x 2" and/or color touch over 4" x 4". Recreated interior pages or cover.

Recreated interior pages or cover is why I’ve always avoided extensive restoration. Can a book really get a graded number and not Ng with essentially an entire recreated front or back cover or recreated missing internal pages?

This is why a detailed description of the restoration would be better than the alphanumeric scale by itself. 

I do wonder with a book like this, with it being permanently in a purple holder with zero chance of resto removal due to cover cleaned and interior lightened, if that takes a few bidders out or dampens the final hammer. 

I know other's opinions will vary but a book like this to me is about as good as a 0.5 blue label.  In this frenzied environment ~300-400k seems about right anyway

On 10/9/2021 at 7:56 PM, szav said:

I do wonder with a book like this, with it being permanently in a purple holder with zero chance of resto removal due to cover cleaned and interior lightened, if that takes a few bidders out or dampens the final hammer. 

I know other's opinions will vary but a book like this to me is about as good as a 0.5 blue label.  In this frenzied environment ~300-400k seems about right anyway

This book was wayee better than .5 pre restoe.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, szav said:

Couldn't the husband/wife team turn it into a 9.4 to 9.8?

Landed right where most people thought it would/should in the current market. Good solid sale, the buyer gets to own a beauty of a book ( just a sweet copy) at a fraction of the cost. IMHO if cgc had the SAME book with a blue label and the resto noted this is a 450/500k sale. The f#ugly purple is the worst part about this book. I wish they would just go to an all blue system ( imagine the $$$ on resubmissions lol) the current system is outdated ( look purple! look purple! it badddddd  it baddddddd) and really just continues to depress the resto market. I understand why it was done in the early days, but let it go, let it go............let it go already!

Edited by I am not Glenda