• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is going on with ASM 75?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

I happen to own a 9.0 White pages copy that has recently jumped up nearly 90% in value according to GoCollect and is now worth over $1,000?

Nearly all grades have moved up in volumes and I don't see why...this isn't really a key issue.  Any idea what is going on?

Maybe GoCollect's algorhythms have been hitting the crack pipe? GPA 12 month average on 9.2 and 9.0 are about $300; 6.0 - 8.5 running in the $100-$150 range with a $275 8.0 sale in June. Only thing close to 1k is a $901 sale of a 9.6 sale in April, which is about average for the last few years. No huge jumps on ebay raws, either.

Thanks, I thought that was nuts.  I paid $177 for my copy in Oct of 2019 just because I love the cover.  I only one a dozen comics, so I don’t have the desire to pay for GPA even though I know they are the most accurate :)  I have the ‘CLZ Comics’ app on my phone that syncs with Go Collect as well. 

On 9/16/2021 at 5:14 AM, XxSpideyxX said:

That’s hilarious!  Do you have any other good Romita stories?  He’s my favorite comic artist of a time.  But now I also will never look at this cover the same way.  In fact, I should sell if.  $1400, anyone?  Lol!27BE1090-2118-42F8-8759-2B83E94905B2.thumb.png.fed5b225663ef58006959fe2d2a9438e.png

As the Marvel art director for a long period of time, Romita was tasked with making changes to covers dozens of times.

Could have been small stuff or larger stuff. But he did a lot of face/head changes.

He did the work, but he said he agonized over it, because he didn't really like having to alter the original artist's work.
But as the 'house brand-manager,' he understood what he had to do.

He said that he used to draw with chalk on the streets and sidewalks as a kid. Just drawing all the time with whatever he could find.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:55 PM, MR SigS said:

GPA shows big Sept. ASM sales that make no sense compared to prior sales.

#23 CGC 7.0

$4320 Sept. 11, 2021

$550 Aug 12, 2021

#32 CGC 6.5

$3600 Sept. 11, 2021

$167 March 7, 2021

I bet those sale were from Ditkos collection that was sold last month. I  think it was Heritage. 

Edited by ickwinzs
Spell check