• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Package Refused

4 posts in this topic

Hey All! First time posting here.  A few weeks ago I sent out an express grading order for a copy of Tomb of Dracula 10 I recently acquired.  I sent it just as the service says with the "EX" on all sides.  The package was refused by whoever picks up the mail.  When I got the package back, the outer box smelt like someone spilled their latte on it.  Of course the book is fine, I packaged it extremely well.  I just wasted that money to ship the box.  I want to figure out what to do now before I send it again so I don't waste anymore money on postage.  Thanks in advance for the advice, I would just call but I work during normal hours and my breaks aren't long enough to call.  Hopefully I get some advice here on why it was refused and how to ship the order again without worrying about it being refused again.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The only reason we ever refuse a package is if it arrives at our facility with any visible damage or issue.  We refuse it and have it sent back to the customer immediately so they can check their items and make sure nothing is missing or damaged.  

It is not a common occurrence so, I believe your package would probably be fine it you re-sent it.  The main thing is that it is well packaged and secure inside the box.   

Thank you!

On 9/16/2021 at 9:43 AM, Incredible C.J. said:

Thank you. Everything was fine in the box. I packaged one book in a box big enough for 20 with lots of packaging. Just stinks that I have to pay shipping twice now for something that didn’t need to happen. 

Agreed. Same thing happened to me. I filed an insurance claim because common sense says if USPS handing is the reason the box is damaged and it's refused because of the damage, USPS should be held responsible.  I won't get the claim, but it felt good doing it.  For the next shipment, I bought the mailing pack from CGC and will use either FedEx or UPS.