• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Baltimore Comic-Con
2 2

156 posts in this topic

I'm going. I do question where exactly in the process they are going to be doing the vaccination/test checking. Sounds like it might be a nightmare to get in. I'm usually waiting in line on Saturday to get in. I think I will give it a few hours this year for them to work through the initial crowd. 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, wombat said:

I'm going. I do question where exactly in the process they are going to be doing the vaccination/test checking. Sounds like it might be a nightmare to get in. I'm usually waiting in line on Saturday to get in. I think I will give it a few hours this year for them to work through the initial crowd. 

At Portland last weekend, they had a check after security for vaccinations. Gave a wristband to wear all weekend, so only one check needed. Relatively quick. Hopefully Baltimore  is similar. 

Edited by cloud cloddie

I will tell you that there will be NO "exemptions" or "waving people through" or "I have a special waiver" or anything. You either need to show your vaccination card OR proof of a negative PCR test AND ID before you can get in. That will apply to every attendee - including children who cannot as yet get a vaccination.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, wombat said:

At the beginning when you get your wrist band. I think it will add - at most - about three seconds to the line unless people are tools and try to make a point and cause a ruckus.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:09 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I will tell you that there will be NO "exemptions" or "waving people through" or "I have a special waiver" or anything. You either need to show your vaccination card OR proof of a negative PCR test AND ID before you can get in. That will apply to every attendee - including children who cannot as yet get a vaccination.

At the beginning when you get your wrist band. I think it will add - at most - about three seconds to the line unless people are tools and try to make a point and cause a ruckus.

I'm actually very happy they are going this route since I was very scared they would cancel the Con and my hotel is non-refundable!  Hopefully the early bird crowds will be thinned out a bit and I can grab all the good stuff.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:20 AM, 1Cool said:

I'm actually very happy they are going this route since I was very scared they would cancel the Con and my hotel is non-refundable!  Hopefully the early bird crowds will be thinned out a bit and I can grab all the good stuff.

Did you book 2 beds or 1?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:26 PM, wombat said:

So who is setting up this year?

The list of vendors is on the website - I’ll post up the list in the morning.  Looks like a great list of dealers

On 9/20/2021 at 8:16 PM, 1Cool said:

The list of vendors is on the website - I’ll post up the list in the morning.  Looks like a great list of dealers

Right. I meant which are boardies. Always like to stop by if I can. 

On 9/20/2021 at 8:21 PM, wombat said:

Right. I meant which are boardies. Always like to stop by if I can. 

I know Murph will be there and it sounds like Dan is manning his usual booth.  Shortbox has a booth and they always bring some nice slabs.  As long as Greggy is stuck on the other side of the border there should be plenty of nice books for everyone.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:20 PM, 1Cool said:

All the good stuff is sold during dealer set up Thursday/Early Friday