• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk Submission Came Back, Received Damaged Slabs

16 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I sent in a bulk, 130 card submission in early February and received them in late August, the only issue was, many of the slabs had heavy scratches on their cases. I reached out to CS via email and they said the only thing that they can do is reholder them. I asked if they could issue a partial refund to my credit card for the cases that sustained damage, to which they said no.

Am I crazy for even asking for a partial refund instead of waiting (who knows how long) for the reholder service?

What do you think?

990B3403-DBE8-4EFB-9B6F-06E10E2E1830.jpeg

A2583743-5C0F-4A65-9290-B7A60B426CDD.jpeg

88D3ED12-3029-4F9F-A354-3CC295F7D7AA.jpeg

4B961643-F335-4A46-AE87-D04E2D972AA2.jpeg

Edited by NickKnacksNY

It’s fine to ask, but it absolutely makes sense they don’t just issue the partial refund.  

if you don’t need the cards on hand, just suck it up and get the reholders, otherwise you’ll just be sitting in your house staring at them and getting mad

Edited by revat

There have been several complaints over the last few months on the forum about scuffed and scratched slabs due to poor shipping protection. I agree with revat that a partial refund doesn't make sense.

The scuffing on those pics looks terrible, and absolutely affects the slabs value.
Send them back to be reholdered. That's what everyone who receives damaged slabs should do.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, LuckyMouse said:

There have been several complaints over the last few months on the forum about scuffed and scratched slabs due to poor shipping protection. I agree with revat that a partial refund doesn't make sense.

The scuffing on those pics looks terrible, and absolutely affects the slabs value.
Send them back to be reholdered. That's what everyone who receives damaged slabs should do.

How so? They could refund him the re-holder fee per damaged slab and let it be up to him whether he wants it done. Maybe time is more valuable than the slab condition.

Considering their shipping charges are high as giraffe , maybe they could not cheap out. Send stuff back in a way that isn't damaging.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

How so? They could refund him the re-holder fee per damaged slab and let it be up to him whether he wants it done. Maybe time is more valuable than the slab condition.

Considering their shipping charges are high as giraffe , maybe they could not cheap out. Send stuff back in a way that isn't damaging.

I assumed they were reholdering for free

If they gave partial refunds, you could scuff your own low graded comics/cards and ask for a refund.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, Kusig said:

Unless they are going to turn around reholdering in a week I wouldn't trust CGC to ever sent them back especially at this rate they will quote him a week turnaround and it'll be 4 years.

I sent a slab back in over a month ago now to be re slabbed due to a labeling error and it's still just sitting there not moving... I called on Monday and they said (like with everything else) they'll get to it asap..... what the flub....

• Administrator

I just got an update. The 10-count and 50-count boxes are now using the new inserts made of a different material, and the 25-count ones should be using them soon as well.

Thank you,

Paul

On 9/16/2021 at 11:52 PM, revat said:

I assumed they were reholdering for free

They do reholdering for free and the shipping is free also. On my last order one of my cases had a large scratch on it. It's still at CGC waiting for a new holder (waiting over a month now)... 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:39 AM, PaulS. said:

I just got an update. The 10-count and 50-count boxes are now using the new inserts made of a different material, and the 25-count ones should be using them soon as well.

Thank you,

Paul

We appreciate the quick feedback on the issue :) Thanks, Paul.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:39 AM, PaulS. said:

Thank you,

Paul

I don't know how involved you are with this particular stage but it could be on how the manufacturer is shipping them to you. Some of the ones I received the scratches were on the inside of the slab. I used every plastic abrasive under the sun, and a Dremel with a buffing tip before I realized it 😂