• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pat Broderick Panel Page Story Page Sets new Record?
1 1

56 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2021 at 10:27 AM, RBerman said:

Broderick was one of the first artists I learned to recognize as a kid in the early 80s, seeing his work in short order on Micronauts, LSH, and Firestorm. When I think of him, I think of circles, a rounded look as if the figures had been poured from plastic. I was pleased to pick up a couple of his action panel pages in the past, so I hope the price stays low, not that my hopes have any bearing on what will actually transpire. 

XFOXYt1.thumb.jpg.f8bed1c22c056866d211c9aedeb2bc09.jpgiNdHgQ7.thumb.jpg.de454e52c97eb8a1aecc3c12fe2f22a2.jpg

He's an awesome artist  

On 9/17/2021 at 11:10 AM, captain_em said:

He's an awesome artist  

He gets the job done. I think of him more as a journeyman. Nothing wrong with that, 

There was once a whole Fury of Firestorm for sale with the Phantom Stranger in it which sold for about $ 1,100, as I recall. One page would have been enough to satisfy my completist needs, so I passed.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rick2you2 said:

He gets the job done. I think of him more as a journeyman. Nothing wrong with that, 

There was once a whole Fury of Firestorm for sale with the Phantom Stranger in it which sold for about $ 1,100, as I recall. One page would have been enough to satisfy my completist needs, so I passed.

😃😃😃Let me blow the dust off my history books. Did this happen when minimum wage was $3.35 an hour and an acre of land in California was $4500? Wake up, Rip Van Kringle! It's 2021!😃😃😃

On 9/17/2021 at 10:27 AM, RBerman said:

Broderick was one of the first artists I learned to recognize as a kid in the early 80s, seeing his work in short order on Micronauts, LSH, and Firestorm. When I think of him, I think of circles, a rounded look as if the figures had been poured from plastic. I was pleased to pick up a couple of his action panel pages in the past, so I hope the price stays low, not that my hopes have any bearing on what will actually transpire. 

XFOXYt1.thumb.jpg.f8bed1c22c056866d211c9aedeb2bc09.jpgiNdHgQ7.thumb.jpg.de454e52c97eb8a1aecc3c12fe2f22a2.jpg

Nice! Thanks for posting.

On 9/17/2021 at 8:33 PM, captain_em said:

😃😃😃Let me blow the dust off my history books. Did this happen when minimum wage was $3.35 an hour and an acre of land in California was $4500? Wake up, Rip Van Kringle! It's 2021!😃😃😃

About 3 years ago. The story itself was eh, while the artwork was a gentleman’s C. It was some of earlier work, however, but he looks like he’s improved to a B.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I just did a search on HA and his works over the past couple of years for single pieces have sold in the $1600 to $18000+ range. I'm not sure what the term "journeyman" means but I have a feeling it's an archaic English Language word and has nothing to do with North American art in the year 2021....

On 9/17/2021 at 9:04 PM, captain_em said:

I just did a search on HA and his works over the past couple of years for single pieces have sold in the $1600 to $18000+ range. I'm not sure what the term "journeyman" means but I have a feeling it's an archaic English Language word and has nothing to do with North American art in the year 2021....

Then I suggest you go to Comic Art Tracker. Oodles of his stuff for under $500. 
Journeyman is not archaic. Look it up. Reliable and Competent, but not brilliant.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:13 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Then I suggest you go to Comic Art Tracker. Oodles of his stuff for under $500. 
Journeyman is not archaic. Look it up. Reliable and Competent, but not brilliant.

You strike me as a "gentlemanly journeyman" who "Benignly Lowballs" , "Benignly Underestimates" , "Benignly Undervalues" , "Benignly Underreckons" and "Benignly Underreports". 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fsearch%2Fdicaprio-django-gifs&psig=AOvVaw2kbMFYH6EnSaD2GaBbQ2-e&ust=1632014692271000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJiYhtKuh_MCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI

On 9/17/2021 at 6:26 PM, captain_em said:

You strike me as a "gentlemanly journeyman" who "Benignly Lowballs" , "Benignly Underestimates" , "Benignly Undervalues" , "Benignly Underreckons" and "Benignly Underreports". 

Rick2you2 is not easily impressed. Let’s just leave it at that. 😂