• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHERE'S WALDOMO?: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD
2 2

92 posts in this topic

I was starting on the other edge of the Thames.. :facepalm:

Fist real shot I posted was Shoeburyness , after his last clue I had moved up to the Eye of London..  

On 9/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, Flee-Marquette said:

image.png.69d1acb7215d5b9684e2d6fb95c5e533.png

Congrats on finding The Source.  

On 9/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, Flee-Marquette said:

image.png.69d1acb7215d5b9684e2d6fb95c5e533.png

We possibly have a winner here......but I'm going to make a judgment call (based on the last rule in my list) so I know you actually stood in the same spot I did and didn't just do some kind of reverse image look up.  Where and what is this location?

Waldomo20.thumb.jpg.3c8b5bb3084537a46e1966e71b7a7108.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/19/2021 at 10:28 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I was starting on the other edge of the Thames.. :facepalm:

Fist real shot I posted was Shoeburyness , after his last clue I had moved up to the Eye of London..  

Congrats on finding The Source.  

I was way off... I was planning to search Google Maps around Gettysburg. lol

EDIT:  Searching Gettysburg makes more sense if I point out that I didn't see Clue 8 and was just watching the pieces added to the photo. (:

Edited by valiantman

On 9/19/2021 at 10:29 PM, valiantman said:

I was way off... I was planning to search Google Maps around Gettysburg. lol

Yeah.....as I mentioned in the first post of the sign-up thread.....I don't think this game transferred to the forum very well.  Either my clues were easier than I thought.....or there's a way to do a search of google map images to match what was showing. lol

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah.....as I mentioned in the first post of the sign-up thread.....I don't think this game transferred to the forum very well.  Either my clues were easier than I thought.....or there's a way to do a search of google map images to match what was showing. lol

I sure as heck would like to know what the heck the clues meant. The Eye one narrowed it down to London and a thousands other sub places, but the rest? no idea (well, a million other ideas like the inside of a lighthouse -- just not the ones you intended).

Edited by bronze_rules

On 9/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, bronze_rules said:

I sure as heck would like to know what the heck the clues meant. The Eye one narrowed it down to London and a thousands other sub places, but the rest? no idea.

Looking back it seems I was missing the "follow me" in the first clue followed by the eye of London and as Flee said follow the river to the source. 

On 9/19/2021 at 10:42 PM, Flee-Marquette said:

It is the official source of the River Thames.  I figured that the commonality of Shoeburyness and London was the River Thames.

I followed the river on Google Maps to try and find the westernmost point.  I then followed the trail on Wysis Way until I saw a familiar

horizon.  This was all done on Google Maps and not with an image search. 

yyyy.gif.213554c1278709c5296d7dbda4c68433.gifvvvv.gif.5f025d00957529252729a773f3fda791.gifyyyy.gif.213554c1278709c5296d7dbda4c68433.gif

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Looking back it seems I was missing the "follow me" in the first clue followed by the eye of London and as Flee said follow the river to the source. 

Put down your phone and open your mind... source of thames? Don't get it. I'm guessing some inside knowledge of SOT, is helpful. I never even heard of it until now.

Last night I was searching lighthouses all night looking for monarch (follow me= leader .woman or man so not just queen or king but monarch) lighthouses ... only 10k more to go LOL. And you can't even look through most lighthouses. Where was the first clue taken?

I looked at eye of london, and they said 30 capsules were named after burroughs. Was looking everywhere for the number on the capsule.:flamed:

Seriously, major hats off to flee. I was way off.

Love to see other wild gooses chases. Thanks to domo. Please do elaborate on what the clues meant. 

lighthouse.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

On 9/19/2021 at 10:53 PM, bronze_rules said:

Put down your phone and open your mind... source of thames? Don't get it.

I got a little hung up on that part of the clue as well as the "named for your eyes" when I already knew that landmark in the picture was call "The Eye" so I kept looking all around The Eye for things named similar to parts of the eyes... :roflmao:

The clues had both parts that helped , and parts that threw me for a loop..