• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What If? #9 / Agents of Atlas Thread
1 1

25 posts in this topic

I was 5 years old when this comic came out.  I already was learning to read from Spidey Super Stories/Electric Company comics and loved everything Marvel (and still do.)  As a result I've been facinated by 1950's Marvel comics and have been collecting them for years now.  For golden age books, I'm not picky about low grades just as long as they are complete and unrestored.  I guess Brittle pages might be a deal breaker too, but it would depend on rarity and price I suppose.  I didn't know what category to put this thread in because the Yellow Claw and Jimmy Woo have been around since the 50's.  I want us to post our Venus, Namora, Jimmy Woo, Ken Hale (Gorilla Man), M-11, and Bob (the Uranian (a.k.a Marvel Boy (a.k.a the Crusader))) from all periods: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper, and Modern Ages.  I almost pulled the trigger on a 9.8 copy of What If ? #9 that was graded by a different company.  My OCD won't let me have different types of Labels on my graded copies.  I would have had to sent it in to get Cross Graded and was worried that it wouldn't come back as a 9.8 and I bought this one instead.  I've very happy with it even though it is a lowly, pitiful 9.6 with White Pages.

What If #09.jpg

I just recently got back my Venus #10 from CGC a couple of weeks ago.  I now have the entire run graded.  It has taken me over a decade to assemble all of these and now I don't know what to collect now that its over.  Maybe look for better copies?  Not likely.  Venus #19 is too expensive in high grade.  I paid a forture just for a 2.0.  It's a really hard comic to come by.

IMG_2458.jpg

This one has a split cover so I was relieved when it came back as a 1.5.  It is the first appearance of Gorilla Man (Ken Hale).  I love this character.  You may ask:  Why bother getting a 1.5 graded?  It's because I've found this comic to be very hard to come by and can't stand having some first appearances graded and other not.

Men's Adventures #26.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

I thinking about selling some stuff in order to buy Namora #2 and #3.  Either that, or start saving.  I think she's going to be in the next Black Panther Movie so maybe I should act now or regret later.  I really want a nice copy of Sub-Mariner #50 (First Appearance of Namorita and first Bronze Age appearance of Namora.)  It's got a gorgeous white cover in high grade and I can't quite bring myself to spend over $1000 for a nice copy of it.  The cover to Subby #34 is really weird.  Namora is tied up, but she has the strength of at least ten men.  And she can fly so why does she look terrified being held over a cliff?

Marvel Mystery Comics #82 a.jpg

Namora #1.jpg

Sub-Mariner Comics #25.jpg

Sub-Mariner Comics #34.jpg