• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MATT MARRIOTT by Tony Weare / Request for scans

9 posts in this topic

MATT MARRIOTT by artist Tony Weare and writer Jim Edgar is probably the best Western strip ever published, but unfortunately very few people have had the opportunity to read it. I am working to reprint all 70 stories, (originally published over 22 years), but I need your help. Although we have scanned many originals and proofs and clippings, there are (understandably) many gaps.

If you have any original art, proofs, or clippings, or hi-res scans (or know of somebody who may have some) then please message me, or email MattMarriottScans@gmail.com   

I had the privilege of spending the weekend with Tony Weare in the 1980s, and I published the interview in my magazine ARK. It has always been my dream to reprint MATT MARRIOTT, and 30 years later I'm making it happen now, with the help of Tony's family, and a lot of enthusiastic fans from around the world.

Paul Duncan/ / WORDSMITH

MM 10 97 No text.jpg

I just took possession of 60+ original MATT MARRIOTT dailies to return to Tony Weare's family, and have scanned them. (Shown is the first strip of "Nimbus McBride"—each story restarted the numbering.) If you have any original MATT MARRIOTT art, or clippings, please message me so that I can get scans and reprint the series in quality books, starting next year. Spread the word!

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 17.30.11.png

On 9/24/2021 at 11:55 PM, MB1952 said:

yes really nice and excellent work Matt Marriott. I owned 2 #1 strips which recently traded. 

Great! Did you happen to keep scans? And if so, would it be possible for you to send them to me for the project?

On 9/27/2021 at 9:14 PM, The Voord said:

Have you tried the Comic Art Fan's site?  I just performed a search under Tony Weare and 72 results popped up.

Yes, thanks. I've tried contacting people through CAF and had a good response, although obviously some are older accounts/posts and have not responded.