• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas Comic Con of 2021 Pics Prices Con thread!
2 2

99 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, The Commissioner said:

This was our setup. It was such a fun show!

20210917_135334.jpg

ah I thought the only boardie with this set-up was @mysterio I stopped by, but was already pretty broke lol Y'all had some business though! :headbang: 

Did we ever find out when the next Fan Expo Dallas was to take place? usually they advertise it, but I never saw anything, it was rumored next June?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/20/2021 at 11:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah I thought the only boardie with this set-up was @mysterio I stopped by, but was already pretty broke lol Y'all had some business though! :headbang: 

Did we ever find out when the next Fan Expo Dallas was to take place? usually they advertise it, but I never saw anything, it was rumored next June?

@mysterio and @Monster's Lair Comics are kind enough to let me tag along with them.

I believe the next Fan Expo Dallas is June 17-19, 2022

On 9/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I got wind that a certain dealer was to have bronze age with mark jewelers inserts. I asked questions about if they were going to be bin or wall books. They answered, they would be clearly marked in bins and there would be wall books too, as the values would be from $5-200+.

That was the first thing I searched out!

I approached and asked nicely, they turned around at the nice display and said, " mark jewelers? They'd be clearly marked on the post its!"

So I now chuckle at the fact that my goals were lost in a sea of post its

Are you saying you couldn't see the MJI/ND notes on the post-its?  They were pretty clearly noted.  Looking at your pictures, I see several. 

I have detailed knowledge of the collection Andy (Duncanville Bookstore) bought that had all the MJIs.  There were at least 100, and likely 200, of them on the wall and in the boxes.  The ones in the boxes would have been noted on the orange price sticker.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:36 AM, Stronguy said:

Are you saying you couldn't see the MJI/ND notes on the post-its?  They were pretty clearly noted.  Looking at your pictures, I see several. 

I have detailed knowledge of the collection Andy (Duncanville Bookstore) bought that had all the MJIs.  There were at least 100, and likely 200, of them on the wall and in the boxes.  The ones in the boxes would have been noted on the orange price sticker.

your assuming my eyes are the best :foryou: but no I don't where glasses.

I mean they didn't know where they were when I asked, except to say look at the post its. Now maybe your familiar with his hand writing, and I'm not knocking them, it's just an anicdote, I didn't mention the specific seller. I did find a couple. I was in messages with them with what I was looking for 1st.

Further I didn't look through all the boxes, But 200? how many were on the wall? I only spotted maybe 10, it's why I didn't mention the store by name, it's not like they did something wrong. I just was squinting with people around me and didn't find enough at the time to keep looking is all :tink: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

would be great if you could look at the pics and point out prices and which books have the MJI?

I may have given up to soon, and wasn't trying to knock the store, they're good people (thumbsu I even introduced myself and shook Andy's hand lol 

so I'm not being facetious, I'd really like to know what I missed due to my eyes :foryou:

I found a couple, that's why I bought one :) still I didn't feel I saw anywhere near all of them, since you say there were so many :( I'd be interested in what I missed.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/20/2021 at 11:36 AM, Stronguy said:

but to be honest, I don't know what I was expecting!

If they had so many, they wouldn't be able to point out ever single one!
If you'd like I could edit my post, but I was just a little disappointed.

I should have asked to look at one up close, so I'd be acquainted with the writing and seen what to look for :tink:

and even in my 1st post, I was in NO WAY faulting that store :) I appreciate them, and if they did have a lot, they'd be hard pressed to point them out to me.

I really, when I asked them, thought they'd have all those in one place. Another assumption on my part. Maybe it was easy to read and I missed it, but I wish I had been more patient. I'd still like to know what I missed lol 

On 9/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If they had so many, they wouldn't be able to point out ever single one!
If you'd like I could edit my post, but I was just a little disappointed.

No need to edit.  Mine was an honest question.  If you couldn't see them or they weren't clearly marked, I'll let Andy know.

I'm not sure who you asked at the booth but maybe only Andy would know exact books to point out.  The other folks would likely know some were there but not exactly where to look.

The collection these books came from originally had over 800 MJIs.  Some of those were sold long ago but I know that he processed 15 long boxes from that collection and around 10% of them were MJI.  Most would have been in the box-stock.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, Stronguy said:

No need to edit.  Mine was an honest question.  If you couldn't see them or they weren't clearly marked, I'll let Andy know.

I'm not sure who you asked at the booth but maybe only Andy would know exact books to point out.  The other folks would likely know some were there but not exactly where to look.

The collection these books came from originally had over 800 MJIs.  Some of those were sold long ago but I know that he processed 15 long boxes from that collection and around 10% of them were MJI.  Most would have been in the box-stock.

Oh no reason to bother Andy with it, I could discern some, but I wasn't tip top after walking around.

As long as this thread is cordial and uplifting, because the dealers at this con worked hard and I was definitely impressed. It was excellent, and that, most of all, is what I want presented lol 

BUT ya when I asked Andy was quick to point out a couple, that's the one I bought :) He probably would have pointed out more, but I told him that's ok, I'd keep looking, which I did. 

:tink: 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, Stronguy said:

Here's what I see (and from memory)...
image.png.de7dd0a7538431a46798738fdbe84359.png

image.png.97f09eb0b4a29cfd7c8f91fda7974940.png

Wow! Really need to add you to my favorites cause of stuff like this! Yes better pics! Thanks for circling as I know any that didn't sell may be available later.

Just what I wanted to know!

On 9/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You’re not, by chance, the booth where a guy had a Bat 1 in his briefcase?

Reminds me of pulp fiction, what's in the case with the light! Hahaha

On 9/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow! Really need to add you to my favorites cause of stuff like this! Yes better pics! Thanks for circling as I know any that didn't sell may be available later.

Normally he will note stuff like the printing, newsstand/direct, MJI/ND at the bottom of the post-it next to the grade.  If you see writing there, give it an extra look.  If it's box-stock it will be on the price sticker.

Check out his Facebook Live sales on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (7 PM CT).  Many of these are likely to show up. (thumbsu

Edited by Stronguy

On 9/20/2021 at 12:37 PM, Stronguy said:

That's really what Andy's interested in.  If he's got something you want, he wants you to have it.

Yes, pm sent, cause they're good people.

I advertise them a lot! The anecdote was more a comment of an inner struggle at the time than a critique of the store, which might have better stayed off the internet lol 

In person you'd know I was making light, and not all that upset, just a passing comment :shy:

on to the live feeds, to see if there was something I missed that I can score :banana: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM