• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas Comic Con of 2021 Pics Prices Con thread!
2 2

99 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, vheflin said:

that's a good Kingpin!

I thought so too! When I took the pic, the girl on his arm said something about him usually being the star. She thought I just wanted his pic, but I'm like the more the merrier, her handbag is good for the "era" of classic kingpin too!

They suited each other really well :) 

On 9/20/2021 at 2:19 PM, mysterio said:
On 9/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You’re not, by chance, the booth where a guy had a Bat 1 in his briefcase?

I feel like I was the only person in that room who didn't see that book...

I didn't either and 1st I'm hearing about it, if it helps :foryou: 

AdvancedFlawedBaiji-max-1mb.gif

On 9/20/2021 at 2:23 PM, Crops068 said:

Also didn't see you.  Sorry bout that!

No worries, I assumed that you and Adamantium would be there and I was sorry to have missed y'all. Good intentions to say hi to everyone often get lost in the shuffle of a huge show, unfortunately, and we were pretty slammed all weekend (fortunately). I don't think I saw half the booths in the room over the three + days I was there. The only book I bought was from a guy who walked up to the table...

Edited by mysterio

Thanks for posting. Looking at the prices, I almost thought they were gauging -- then, I saw various dealers all had sky high prices. 100 to 500+ to buy a minor key now, what was maybe 20 dollars a decade a go.  

I'm sure glad I cleaned up then. Haven't looked much at prices in a few years. Like others, kicking myself, for so many I passed on over the years. Then again, who knew we would be in a 20 year inflationary FED fueled mega boom, that hasn't ended yet (that and comics in movies exploding).

Edited by bronze_rules

On 9/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, bronze_rules said:

Thanks for posting. Looking at the prices, I almost thought they were gauging -- then, I saw various dealers all had sky high prices. 100 to 500+ to buy a minor key now, what was maybe 20 dollars a decade a go.  

I'm sure glad I cleaned up then. Haven't looked much at prices in a few years. Like others, kicking myself, for so many I passed on over the years. Then again, who knew we would be in a 20 year inflationary FED fueled mega boom, that hasn't ended yet (that and comics in movies exploding).

We always try to price off either GPA or eBay, or some combination thereof. Those tend to help dial in market pricing at that time, at least the eBay prices tend to estimate what people would pay if we put the book on the site (adjusting for fees of course).

There are always different motivations for pricing a book a certain way. Acquisition cost, geography, expenses, and personal biases towards what we think are cool all come into it. As for us, we like to move product while insuring we can afford to stay in business. 

I’m still not convinced that a lot of these prices are sustainable long-term (especially in the variant market) but for now this is the sandbox we all get to play in. 

On 9/20/2021 at 3:21 PM, mysterio said:

Thanks for starting the thread, one of the things I miss about the old boards is the post-show pics and recaps threads. I feel like I need about two straight days of sleep, but it was a great weekend! This felt like a "normal" show to me in just about all ways except the mask mandate. Great crowds, plenty of books, and quite a bit of money changing hands. Very much looking forward to the next one in June, 2022!

What did u get?