• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade: Batman #40

18 posts in this topic

I would say . . . YES! sumo.gif, but don't get your hopes up too high. I'd give it a 6.5 due to the book-length readers' crease due to the staple placement to the front cover, and quite possibly a trimmed top edge (hey it's a GA book - restoration was rampant) I also wouldn't discount the possibility of color touch . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not to rain on your parade 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiize book (wish I had one!)

6.5 - (Although anything from 6.0 to 7.0 is just as likely) Barring problems on the BC or not visible in scan - I don't see have it could be graded as low as a 5.5 - but stranger things have happened.

Sorry, I agree with NIKOS 5.5.

It may show better, but structurally, Fine at best.

I have a copy that's more on the order of a 4.0-4.5 to compare it to that I picked up for $50 from my LCS years ago.

Did you get as good a deal as I did?

Wow, I'm surprised to see grades as low as 5.5! It seems better than that but it's tough to tell...I still think it's in the 7.0+ range from the front cover. Outside of the reader's crease and some general corner wear, I don't see defects bringing it down to the FN- range.

Also, the top cover appears trimmed but I've seen a lot of GA Batman books with similar off-cut tops...so, I'd be willing to bet it's not trimmed.

I really don't think that the top cover was trimmed. I have seen many Batman covers that were miscut like that. I think I have seen more Batman 23's with a top edge that looked like that than ones that are well even and don't have the DC logo cut off, so it's a common manufacturing issue with the older Batman issues. As for the grade that readers crease is hard to judge how harsh CGC will be. I'd probably go with around a 6.0 but I would still submit if you plan on selling.