• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Golden Age comics for sale. DC, Timely, Fawcett, Ace, Atlas, Fiction House, Fox & other publishers.
4 4

178 posts in this topic

Comic Capers #2 2.0-2.5ish cream pages. Single staple attached thru to the centerfold, but small staple tears. Water stain at the top, mostly only noticeable on the covers, not much on the pages. Spine roll and odd factory defect of extra, untrimmed paper on 2 pages. Inexpensive Timely fun! $20 SOLD

Comic Capers 2 f.jpg

Comic Capers 2 b.jpg

Comic Capers b2.jpg

Comic Capers 2 p1.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 9/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Comedy Comics #17 3.5 off white pages. Front cover detached at the single staple but back cover firmly attached. Colorful flat Timely with just general wear to note. Villain with a bomb (national origin undeclared) foiled by Super Rabbit cover. Seldom seen issue. No recorded sale on GPA! Only 3 copies on the census! $85

Comedy 17 f1.jpg

Comedy 17 f2.jpg

Comedy 17 b.jpg

Comedy 17 p1.jpg

Take

On 9/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, Frisco Larson said:

All Surprise #7 3.0 cream to off white pages. Small piece off bottom front cover and one off top back cover. Tear at top spine but piece still attached. Super Rabbit stars in this inexpensive Timely. $30

All Surprise 7 f.jpg

All Surprise 7 b.jpg

On 9/29/2021 at 8:14 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Comedy Comics #14 2.0 pages are slightly brittle at the edges, which is why I'm grading this otherwise much nicer book the grade I am. Cover and 2 centerfolds loose. About one inch staple tear front and back covers. Book is colorful, flat and relatively crease free. Can be enjoyed if handled with care. I just thumbed it up and took pics without incident. This book is the origin and first appearance of Super Rabbit! I bought this copy for my run as I hadn't had many others to choose from. Big key Timely funny animal book for super cheap! $85

Comedy 14 f.jpg

Comedy 14 b.jpg

Comedy 14 p1.jpg

Comedy 14 p2.jpg

Comedy 14 p3.jpg

On 9/29/2021 at 8:46 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Comic Capers #2 2.0-2.5ish cream pages. Single staple attached thru to the centerfold, but small staple tears. Water stain at the top, mostly only noticeable on the covers, not much on the pages. Spine roll and odd factory defect of extra, untrimmed paper on 2 pages. Inexpensive Timely fun! $20

Comic Capers 2 f.jpg

Comic Capers 2 b.jpg

Comic Capers b2.jpg

Comic Capers 2 p1.jpg

I’ll take them. 

Super Rabbit #2 1.5 off white to white pages. This book has a rusty single staple that has migrated into the pages and has weakened the paper. The cover and 3 centerfolds are loose due the rusty staple. Spine split top and bottom spine about an inch and a half at the top, an inch at the bottom. 3 puzzle pages have been filled in with pencil, could possibly be erased with some patience. Some tears and creases, a low grade copy with great paper quality. Cool and cheap $45

Super Rabbit 2 f.jpg

Super Rabbit 2 b.jpg

Super Rabbit 2 p1.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Sun Girl #1 2.0 off white pages. I bought this as a good (2.0) and I think it's just that. Wear on the spine, a piece on the back bottom is torn but still attached. Staples attached solid thru the entire book. 3 Sun Girl stories and a Miss America story for your money in this book. A Timely superhero #1 at a VERY affordable price! $350 SOLD 

Sun Girl 1 f.jpg

Sun Girl 1 f2.jpg

Sun Girl 1 b.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Joker 12 2.5 off white pages. Cover is loose from the interior and one page has a long tear, as it looks to have had Siamese pages at one time (see pic). Powerhouse Pepper story by the great Basil Wolverton!!! Price $125

Joker 12 front.jpg

Joker 12 tear.jpg

Joker 12f.jpg

Joker 12b.jpg

Joker 12p1.jpg

Joker 12p2.jpg

Joker 12p3.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 9/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Sun Girl #1 2.0 off white pages. I bought this as a good (2.0) and I think it's just that. Wear on the spine, a piece on the back bottom is torn but still attached. Staples attached solid thru the entire book. 3 Sun Girl stories and a Miss America story for your money in this book. A Timely superhero #1 at a VERY affordable price! $350

Sun Girl 1 f.jpg

Sun Girl 1 f2.jpg

Sun Girl 1 b.jpg

:takeit:

Funny Frolics #2 2.5 off white to white pages. Staples detached at the front cover but attached at the back cover. 2 pieces off of the back cover with a few tears. 1 piece of tape on back cover and 1 piece on inside front cover. Some spine splits but not at all brittle, just from wear. Most of the issues are on the back cover or spine of covers. Timely fun for cheap! $25 SOLD

Funny Frolics 2 f.jpg

Funny Frolics 2 b.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Ideal Comics #3 4.5-5.0 off white pages. There are 2 puzzle pages filled in with pencil, so can possibly be erased with patience. 2 dust shadows on front cover with a longer non color breaking crease. Single staple solid to the centerfold. Super Rabbit and the gang star in this tight fresh feeling copy. $50 SOLD

Ideal 3 f.jpg

Ideal 3 b.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Krazy Krow #2 5.0 off white to white pages. I would grade this a bit higher but for a small paper lift bottom right front cover, right over Krazy Krow's left wrist. Tight, flat, fresh copy. Single staple tight thru to the centerfold. $60 SOLD

Krazy Krow 2 f.jpg

Krazy Krow 2 b.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 9/30/2021 at 9:15 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Funny Frolics #2 2.5 off white to white pages. Staples detached at the front cover but attached at the back cover. 2 pieces off of the back cover with a few tears. 1 piece of tape on back cover and 1 piece on inside front cover. Some spine splits but not at all brittle, just from wear. Most of the issues are on the back cover or spine of covers. Timely fun for cheap! $25

Funny Frolics 2 f.jpg

Funny Frolics 2 b.jpg

Take

Krazy Krow #3 3.0-3.5 cream to off white pages. Single staple tight to centerfold,  but has small staple tears on front cover. Diagonal crease bottom right corner which goes thru the entire book. Some light foxing and creases too. Cheap Timely fun! $30 SOLD

Krazy Krow 3 f.jpg

Krazy Krow 3 b.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson