• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man annual 1 club

103 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 3:52 PM, porcupine48 said:

Nice!Blank inside cover?PS hey man!I was JUST wondering how you were doing my ol board buddy!Glad to catch you posting!

Thanks! Yep, blank inside and out. Pretty cool variant.    Hey bud, glad to see you're still around too! I've been laying low with collecting the past couple of years. But I can't seem to stay away from the boards :insane:

On 9/22/2021 at 8:54 AM, Straw-Man said:

i've posted this in other threads many times, but it surely belongs here as well.    i present the copy i bought in ft. walton beach in summer of '64.   still with me.

asmann1-1.jpg

I'm more impressed with this book AND its story than with any other copy in this thread - no disrespect to the rest.

Do you remember the details of the purchase?  Some books that I bought in the early to mid sixties I can still remember crystal clearly the where, when etc etc...

On 9/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, Straw-Man said:

so glad you asked.   i was born to 40 yr. old parents, and they were NOT beach people.  all our vacations were to the smokies, a nice little drive from la.  however, in summer '64, while driving back home from gatlinburg, my mom said "we ought to make a little due south detour and let billy have a weekend at the beach, since he's never been."   daddy agreed, and we wound up on ft walton beach.   unfortunately, it rained the WHOLE w'kend, and to cheer me up from my disappointment, they let me have the run of the tourist traps, and i got sand dollars, conch shells, starfish, and all that poop--AND some funny-books.   the only ones i have left are the ann. 1 and the book below.   i can literally still remember grabbing the spidey--i had just started collecting the title [#16 first one i bought off a spinner], and was stunned by all the cool villains on the cover that i knew nothing about!!!  he's been the favorite fictional character of my life since then, and i have 30 hrs. toward an english major.

mt1uc.jpg

:x lovely memories Billy