• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check all your orders coming back…

4 posts in this topic

Currently on the phone with customer service. Had my 2/11 economy with subgrade order go into ship status today… no subgrades on the order slip or the pictures…. Be warned… paid for subgrades and didn’t get them. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:50 AM, Deha88 said:

And their answer is to just refund me subgrade cost…. This is a joke. I can’t wait till all my cards are back so I can wash my hands of this nightmare.. 9 months and have only had 2 orders correct. I still have 20 orders there… 

Yah for those out there who are considering submitting but have not, CGC grading of cards is still relatively new and CGC is under (relatively) new ownership and we are all still in the middle of a global pandemic (one can judge for themselves how well they think Florida is or is not doing with respect to that).  For maybe** some, none, or all of those reasons the quality control with respect to grading cards (and to a lesser but still significant extent comics) seems to be somewhat lower than one would hope, in addition to turnaround times being insanely long.  

Unless your desire to have your cards graded is somewhat urgent, maybe consider delaying your submission until CGC seems to be more consistent (in a good way) with respect to quality control, or have sorted out some of their (hopefully growing pains) bugs.

**I'm not defending or not defending CGC, just saying from a practical perspective this may not be an ideal time to submit if you don't have to.  

On 9/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, revat said:

Yah for those out there who are considering submitting but have not, CGC grading of cards is still relatively new and CGC is under (relatively) new ownership and we are all still in the middle of a global pandemic (one can judge for themselves how well they think Florida is or is not doing with respect to that).  For maybe** some, none, or all of those reasons the quality control with respect to grading cards (and to a lesser but still significant extent comics) seems to be somewhat lower than one would hope, in addition to turnaround times being insanely long.  

Unless your desire to have your cards graded is somewhat urgent, maybe consider delaying your submission until CGC seems to be more consistent (in a good way) with respect to quality control, or have sorted out some of their (hopefully growing pains) bugs.

**I'm not defending or not defending CGC, just saying from a practical perspective this may not be an ideal time to submit if you don't have to.  

The sad part is… this particular order sat in Quality Control for over a month! I started with them in December and it was awesome. Cards came back fast and perfect to how I put order in. Now it’s hit or miss.. they are using 2 different locations due to the upgrade.. consistency has gone out the window.. new owners need to take a look at what’s going on. They just lost a nice chunk of change having to refund me subgrades on an economy order and 2 bulk orders they have done this to.