• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 50th Birthday Swamp Thing! Post your Swamp Things!
2 2

87 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2021 at 9:18 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I guess I won’t be upgrading mine ever.  GoCollect lists $425 for a 9.2.  Seems undervalued to me for the first appearance of Alec Holland and Matt Cable (the raven in Sandman) Maybe I should look into 9.2 Demon #1’s before I regret it?

694F3257-AE97-4F20-A912-3448DCC4B466.jpeg

Nice Copy!
The Demon #1 is a sneaky-expensive book with nice, steady growth. A 9.2 will run around $500-ish.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:04 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Even though #81 doesn't have Swamp Thing in it, I wanted it anyway because of the Neal Adams cover.

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #25 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #25 b.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #26 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #27 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #28 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #29 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 1 #30 a.jpg

How is this story arc, pretty good? I of course love Swampy but I have collected almost everything Deadman and only have issue 84 of this run.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:00 AM, Jayman said:

How is this story arc, pretty good? I of course love Swampy but I have collected almost everything Deadman and only have issue 84 of this run.

I really liked the story and art, but my .opinion is biased because I loved it when I was 9 or 10 years old.  I feel nostalgic about the issues.  I really like Keith Giffen's art a lot, but his 1970's style is quite a bit different than how he draws now.  I like both styles though.  The isssues were reprinted in Swamp Thing Bronze Age vol. 2. if you want to read them for cheap (not that reader copies of the issues are very expensive).

On 10/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, SpideyFein said:

Yeah baby!!!!

Louise has freckles, but I love her just the way she is, or are lol 

D925BD72-DB0B-4635-A97C-AD1A8E9F1AB8.jpeg

lol A copy by any other name is still A COPY! 

Congrats! :tink: 

On 10/6/2021 at 3:00 PM, grendelbo said:

Once there were more but here's what's left.

House of Secrets 92 (CGC 5.0).jpg

Swamp Thing 01.jpg

Swamp Thing 08.jpg

Saga of the Swamp Thing 2.jpg

Saga of the Swamp Thing 20.jpg

Saga of the Swamp Thing 21.jpg

Swamp Thing 37.jpg

Many times, I have missed great story lines and classics happening in the making but I was privileged enough to begin buying the Moore series at the start from the spinner rack. I must say I was bowled over when Moore redefined Swampies origin. I never would have guessed that he was a plant walking around thinking he was Alec Holland.

Oh dear. I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag.