• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Saga #1
2 2

9 posts in this topic

So I found this copy of saga #1 (fifth printing) recently (probably a somewhat unheard pf series to most people here but I could be wrong) and was wondering approximately what grade it is and if a pressing could fix the waves on the cover(s). I have pictures of the inside front cover and back cover as well so i can upload those if need be (not in this post because some of the dialogue is apparently uh pretty cure and explicit lol). Any helpful suggestions for self grading would also be greatly appreciated if possible.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

As is, maybe an 8.0. With a clean and a press you might see a 9.0 to maybe a 9.4. That top left will keep it from higher grade IMO.

If you are thinking about getting this graded, it's likely not worth it depending on what you plan to do with it. Even though 5th print numbers tend to be lower, this is pretty much a dollar bin book.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:15 PM, universal soldier said:

As is, maybe an 8.0. With a clean and a press you might see a 9.0 to maybe a 9.4. That top left will keep it from higher grade IMO.

If you are thinking about getting this graded, it's likely not worth it depending on what you plan to do with it. Even though 5th print numbers tend to be lower, this is pretty much a dollar bin book.

Thank you for the response! As far as the top left goes, is it the discoloration or the severity of the moisture damage?

Yeah it technically is a dollar bin book, it just hasn't seen a reprint in a long time and the series is on hiatus so everyone is scrambling to get older issues since there are no more prints out. I planned on keeping it for future value, this series has been steadily increasing in fmv (one of the variants is at around 2,400 for a 9.4) for how new it is.

On 9/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, GoodOlSmokey said:

Thank you for the response! As far as the top left goes, is it the discoloration or the severity of the moisture damage?

It's lightly crunched with a bit of a fray. No higher than 9.4 I would think.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, universal soldier said:

It's lightly crunched with a bit of a fray. No higher than 9.4 I would think.

Yeesh, okay, thank you! (Also waiting on a first printing to arrive thats in much better condition but has quite a lot of slight bends and spine stress but a press should definitely fix it.).

I've been collecting since I was around 10 when my dad got me into coins and comics and I've known about CGC for quite some time but had no idea pressing was a thing, coulld have saved a daredevil #10 lol.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:15 AM, Galen130 said:

Most of us are aware of Saga…I didn't know there was a fifth print.  Wow!!  A clean/press will help…9.2.

Oh I honestly wasn't sure people were lol. Picked up a full set of first prints so I'll post some pics when those arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the reply btw!