• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

subby help from any of you subophiles

21 posts in this topic

i've decided to put together a run of all s.a. subby covers [12/69 my endpoint].  i'm all over his title and the tta's, have the f.f. and s.t. books already, and have just roughly come up with the off-brands below.   advice sought here for any additional book i'll need...

avengers 3, 40, 71.  x 6. cap't marvel 4.  cap 112.  dd 7.  hulk 118.   what am i missin'?

Edited by Straw-Man

There's a couple Not Brand Echh covers with the Sunk-Mariner if you wanna include parodies.  There's a couple Fantasy Masterpieces covers if you wanna include s.a. reprints of the Golden Age Subby.  And there's more than a couple Marvel Collectors Item Classics covers featuring Subby in s.a. FF reprints on the cover.

I guess it depends on your parameters.

On 9/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, Unca Ben said:

There's a couple Not Brand Echh covers with the Sunk-Mariner if you wanna include parodies.  There's a couple Fantasy Masterpieces covers if you wanna include s.a. reprints of the Golden Age Subby.  And there's more than a couple Marvel Collectors Item Classics covers featuring Subby in s.a. FF reprints on the cover.

tks!

On 9/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, Unca Ben said:

already have all the needed ecch's, except for 4.  shouldn't be hard to find...

On 9/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, Straw-Man said:

i have an iron man ann. 1, tho' not s.a. to me, and completely forgot about cap 100!

It is post ‘69! doh! The early characters that did not get their own titles until the ‘68 expansion throw me sometimes, since the characters have been around much longer than their titles. I guess that IM Ann 1 is probably about 1971; will look later. Or keep sitting here and search it now….