• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market Equilibrium Reached
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2021 at 8:04 AM, Oreos said:

I have a feeling this thread is going to pop off; and I want no part in it. 

But what I will say to everyone responding to comments;
Remember not everyone grades for only profit. Everyone's situation is different. Some grade for profit, some collection, some profit & collection, some for fun, etc. So just remember your situation is not the same as anyone else's. Keep it civil peeps :D

I grade for all of the above.  If i have a feeling about something, I'll try to grab multiple copies, so I can sell some and keep one for myself to make up for what I spent, some i sell when they don't come back with the grade i expected and some i submit to test my skills (this is rare)

On 9/26/2021 at 8:23 PM, The Nameless One said:

CGC slabs are a young market. Like, isn't it kind of a fool's errand to think of selling before the population report comes out? Not saying a pop report would magically fix the value problem with CGC 8.5s, but we're kinda gauging the value of our slabs with a blind eye. I don't feel comfortable selling any of my slabs, a CGC 9 Marnie recently sold for $500 cdn... gross. Like, those cards are all 0.5 off from fetching an extra $400+, it's dumb enough to make me want to whip out the "revenge grading" argument. Given that the market values a CGC 9.5 as a potential PSA 10, a 9 is more realistically where it drops off. I feel like my 9 Marnie's could potentially snag a PSA 10 but you get trapped in it not being worth the $150 per card gamble. 

For the record, my 48 card submission contained 0 8.5s. Fair amount of 9.5s relative to 9s, but none of my $$$ cards came back 9.5. In general, given that these are modern cards, I'll want to wait until the sets are out of print at the very least. The market is cold at the moment, we might see a spike during the celebrations release but I'm not expecting to sell anything for a while. Too many factors holding the market back

sometimes if u the first to put something up u can get a decent price for it