• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Squid Game Netflix
4 4

64 posts in this topic

A while back I succumbed to the dizzying amount of internet hype about SQUID GAME. Watched the first episode and that was it...no interest in pursuing it. It put me in mind of of the concept behind VIDEODROME where Harlan asks Max regarding the torture tape  "But why would anybody watch it?"

I am definitely no prude when it comes to horror but this first episode just really rubbed me the wrong way.

On 11/27/2021 at 12:30 PM, PovertyRow said:

A while back I succumbed to the dizzying amount of internet hype about SQUID GAME. Watched the first episode and that was it...no interest in pursuing it. It put me in mind of of the concept behind VIDEODROME where Harlan asks Max regarding the torture tape  "But why would anybody watch it?"

I am definitely no prude when it comes to horror but this first episode just really rubbed me the wrong way.

I quit in the middle of the 2nd episode.  I didn't mind the violence, etc, but the story was incredibly repetitive and slow-moving.  I didn't care about a single character.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I quit in the middle of the 2nd episode.  I didn't mind the violence, etc, but the story was incredibly repetitive and slow-moving.  I didn't care about a single character.

I found it riveting but looking back I cant understand why.

On 1/24/2022 at 5:26 AM, Pitboss said:

@Bosco685 Squid game universe? :whatthe:

Saw that!

Netflix Says ‘Squid Game’ Season 2 The Beginning Of The ‘Squid Game Universe’

I’m not sure why this is suddenly news, as it’s been more or less a sure thing for months now, but someone got Netflix’s Ted Sarandos to comment on Squid Game season 2. And he had this to say, when asked if a second season was coming:

“Absolutely,” Sarandos replied. “The ‘Squid Game’ universe has just begun.”

This joins what we heard from the director of the series, Hwang Dong-hyuk, last year:

“There’s been so much pressure, so much demand and so much love for a second season. So I almost feel like you leave us no choice!” Hwang told the AP in the fall. “But I will say there will indeed be a second season. It’s in my head right now. I’m in the planning process currently.”

But hearing that this is the start of “The Squid Game universe” reminds me of what happened the last time Netflix found themselves with a blockbuster season 1 hit. That would be The Witcher, which was one of Netflix’s biggest series ever at launch, and that success led to:

• A more or less informal commitment that Netflix would film at least five seasons covering all five books (season 3 is already greenlit after season 2 just aired).
  • A Blood of Elves prequel series, coming this year
  • An animated prequel movie which arrived last year
  • A Witcher kids show, coming down the road

@Bosco685

This guy threw up (don’t know when) and is threatening to kill everyone in the car who sees it as he rambles with his head down.  I took a lot of pics of my Monday morning.  Someone let his bowels loose on the Long Island railroad platform, people were being harassed while waiting for trains, a lot more I cannot post.  Maybe it’s time to start a new Twitter account and tag the mayor’s office and the NYPD every day with each picture. 

NYC is the Squid Game 

edit: This is the downtown A,C,E line 

33E0D3A4-6FD4-46B6-83BC-041AB4157248.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/24/2022 at 6:12 AM, Buzzetta said:

@Bosco685

This guy threw up (don’t know when) and is threatening to kill everyone in the car who sees it as he rambles with his head down.  I took a lot of pics of my Monday morning.  Someone let his bowels loose on the Long Island railroad platform, people were being harassed while waiting for trains, a lot more I cannot post.  Maybe it’s time to start a new Twitter account and tag the mayor’s office and the NYPD every day with each picture. 

NYC is the Squid Game 

edit: This is the downtown A,C,E line 

33E0D3A4-6FD4-46B6-83BC-041AB4157248.jpeg

These pictures are starting to resemble the Cornfield.. hm