• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

International Shipping -my story of Cgc's customer service.
1 1

33 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/29/2021 at 11:21 AM, Drew99 said:

Umm what cards would those be?  

if you say alpha I would request that you look at an alpha card and check again.  Because you may not understand what an alpha card looks like. These are not close. 

this demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the game if magic itself.  These are not changed for that purpose and many cards from this set will be found in this state.

the reason is that in the 90’s we did not sleeve our cards.  This was the only way you could shuffle the cards into a deck.  That is why they are like this.

You again miss the point sir.

your company DID do what they were supposed to do.  You apparently didn’t read closely.  They are not gradable.

the problem here is several fold.

one, I can’t demonstrate that I’ve paid for a service.  You did the service… you just won’t encapsulate the authentication.

second… why are you sending out copy’s of your supposed secure labels to people?  That is a real nightmare and really is not a serious business practice for secure grading

lastly, if you don’t want to do this, the. Have people on the phone that can answer these types of questions so that when people call to make sure they are following the rules, they don’t get screwed over.  

explain the lotus… it isn’t trimmed by the way.  It was just damaged… but okay.  Everything you don’t like is just altered.  

you won’t encapsulate several thousand dollar cards that I submit under their real set name so that they can be garaunteed under their real set name because someone might confuse just the front part with another set in a picture of they’re and insufficiently_thoughtful_person is the logic here?

You do not have to like our policies, but those are the policies. Have a nice day. 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, PaulS. said:

You do not have to like our policies, but those are the policies. Have a nice day.

The issue is not the policy… 

I feel like I’m talking to air here.

you can have whatever policy you want.  You cannot have it both ways.  You cannot have a deceptive policy.

you are in the 3rd party grading business and I have already enumerated what your online policy states.  

if I call your line right now I will speak with someone and they will say… oh yes sir, we authenticate cards…but you don’t actually do that.

forget about my specific issue.  My situation doesn’t matter.  Your graders did a good job.  They did exactly what they are supposed to do.

the point of a 3rd party service is that it is secure.  If you do t have clear policies… misinformed staff… or cannot perform the essential service

of what a card grading agency does… as in you have a standing policy not to encapsulate anything that is not gradable… well that should be very clearly stated and there should t be allot of generic language and guess work.  

You’re a grading agency… be specific.

you’re right I don’t have to like it… I do have a right to actually know what it is and have the ability to be informed BEFORE making a purchase.  That is actually something you owe people.

• Administrator
On 9/29/2021 at 12:33 PM, Drew99 said:

The issue is not the policy… 

I feel like I’m talking to air here.

you can have whatever policy you want.  You cannot have it both ways.  You cannot have a deceptive policy.

you are in the 3rd party grading business and I have already enumerated what your online policy states.  

if I call your line right now I will speak with someone and they will say… oh yes sir, we authenticate cards…but you don’t actually do that.

forget about my specific issue.  My situation doesn’t matter.  Your graders did a good job.  They did exactly what they are supposed to do.

the point of a 3rd party service is that it is secure.  If you do t have clear policies… misinformed staff… or cannot perform the essential service

of what a card grading agency does… as in you have a standing policy not to encapsulate anything that is not gradable… well that should be very clearly stated and there should t be allot of generic language and guess work.  

You’re a grading agency… be specific.

you’re right I don’t have to like it… I do have a right to actually know what it is and have the ability to be informed BEFORE making a purchase.  That is actually something you owe people.

You paid for the opinion of the graders, which is what you received. The cards are altered. Please note that this is not your thread. Please do not hijack the posts of others in order to lodge your own complaints.

Thank you, 

Paul

On 9/30/2021 at 12:50 AM, PaulS. said:

I am not happy with the wording of the email regarding combining shipments. I will have that changed to make it more clear that it is not guaranteed. But I will get you a refund on that extra shipping charge because I agree with you that the fact that it was not guaranteed is not made clear in the email. Accounting has already been contacted and will issue the refund. 

Thank you,

Paul

Thankyou for that, I appreciate it!

There is a second thing I'm not clear on, is the $150 of credit for signing up only applicable on the first order or something?

Prior to this I've only had a single express card graded by CGC, which should mean there is $100 of credit remaining if it carries over...

Couldn't find any clear wording on that either.

Thanks again mate.

Kyle

• Administrator
On 9/30/2021 at 4:03 AM, Fiacs0.o said:

Thankyou for that, I appreciate it!

There is a second thing I'm not clear on, is the $150 of credit for signing up only applicable on the first order or something?

Prior to this I've only had a single express card graded by CGC, which should mean there is $100 of credit remaining if it carries over...

Couldn't find any clear wording on that either.

Thanks again mate.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

No, it it applied until it is used up. Not just the first order. It expires a year from when you signed up, though.

Thank you,

Paul

On 10/1/2021 at 1:21 AM, PaulS. said:

Hi Kyle,

No, it it applied until it is used up. Not just the first order. It expires a year from when you signed up, though.

Thank you,

Paul

Okay great, could you also make sure that is fixed up at the same time too please?

That definitely hasn't been taken off what I have been charged either.

I signed up on March 1st this  year.

Thanks mate.

Edited by Fiacs0.o

On 9/29/2021 at 10:50 AM, PaulS. said:

I am not happy with the wording of the email regarding combining shipments. I will have that changed to make it more clear that it is not guaranteed. But I will get you a refund on that extra shipping charge because I agree with you that the fact that it was not guaranteed is not made clear in the email. Accounting has already been contacted and will issue the refund. 

Thank you,

Paul

I'm not the Original Poster; but wanted to thank you on behalf of many of us here that feel a bit hopeless sometimes with issues. It's nice to see a non-automated response when it entails it. 

Cheers

On 9/29/2021 at 12:34 PM, PaulS. said:

You paid for the opinion of the graders, which is what you received. The cards are altered. Please note that this is not your thread. Please do not hijack the posts of others in order to lodge your own complaints.

Thank you, 

Paul

On 9/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, PaulS. said:

Why can't I like comments made by administrators? +1 Paul S.

Glad you're handling the OP's issue and fixing the issue.

• Administrator
On 9/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, Fiacs0.o said:

Okay great, could you also make sure that is fixed up at the same time too please?

That definitely hasn't been taken off what I have been charged either.

I signed up on March 1st this  year.

Thanks mate.

I am looking into this for you as well.

Paul

• Administrator
On 10/3/2021 at 2:24 PM, shadroch said:

I'm glad this has sort of been cleared up, but what is the justification for charging $100 to ship internationally?

The only way we ship internationally is FedEx International Priority, which is expensive, but is our most secure option. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:02 AM, PaulS. said:

The only way we ship internationally is FedEx International Priority, which is expensive, but is our most secure option. 

Thankyou for fixing the issues I had Paul.

In all seriousness though, $100usd is absolutely outrageous for a 4*4*4" box. We all know that around  $60 of that would be going straight into the bank as profit for CGC, regardless of who it's sent with.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I'm reminded of the time I bought a Bob Uecher card, for a gag gift, for 50 cents. I was charged $5 for shipping. I was like, "Dude, just throw it in a freakin envelope and drop it in the box." I received a virtual shrug and "It is what it is."